Words — 3 found
1. to refuse; to reject; to turn down; to dismiss
- しりぞ 。
- His plan was discarded.
2. to repel; to repulse; to drive away; to beat off; to defeat
3. to make (someone) leave; to send away; to turn away
4. to force (someone) to leave their post; to oust; to remove; to expel
斥ける 【しりぞける】、却ける 【しりぞける】
却ける: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to put something out of the way; to move (something, someone) asideSee also 退ける どける
2. to remove; to exclude; to take awayOnly applies to 除ける
3. to set aside; to keep apart
4. to remove (someone) from the group; to shun
5. to do well despite difficulties; to accomplish despite adversityUsually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb
6. to do resolutely; to do boldlyUsually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb