Words — 239 found
1. good; excellent; fine; nice; pleasant; agreeableSee also いい, also いい (all senses)
2. sufficient; enough; ready; preparedSee also いい
3. profitable (deal, business offer, etc.); beneficialSee also いい
4. OK; all right; fine; no problemSee also いい, as て(も)良い, と(も)良い, etc.; indicates permission or compromise
良い 【えい】、善い 【よい】、善い 【えい】、好い 【よい】、好い 【えい】、佳い 【よい】、佳い 【えい】、吉い 【よい】、吉い 【えい】、宜い 【よい】、宜い 【えい】
えい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. えい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. えい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. えい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. えい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 宜い: Irregular kanji usage. えい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 宜い: Irregular kanji usage.
1. what was said; what it means; origin of a story (or tradition, etc.)Usually written using kana alone, usu. as 〜のいい
1. good; excellent; fine; nice; pleasant; agreeableSee also 良い よい, also written 良い, 好い and 善い
2. sufficient; enough; ready; preparedSee also 良い よい
3. profitable (deal, business offer, etc.); beneficialSee also 良い よい
4. OK; all right; fine; no problemSee also 良い よい, as て(も)いい, と(も)いい, etc.; indicates permission or compromise
1. obedient; submissive; tame; slavishFormal or literary term, See also 唯々諾々
1. to begin to say; to start talking; to broach (a matter); to bring up; to come out with
- とつぜん 、
- いいだ 。
- We were having a quiet supper when out of the blue my mother announced she was going back to school.
2. to be the first to say; to suggest (doing); to propose
- いいだ 。
- The manager suggested that I go with him to the airport.
言いだす 【いいだす】、言出す 【いいだす】
- Two wrongs don't make a right.
- Jane insisted that she was right.
言いわけ 【いいわけ】、言訳 【いいわけ】、言い分け 【いいわけ】、言分け 【いいわけ】
1. irresponsible; perfunctory; careless
- Don't give me that!
2. lukewarm; half-baked; halfhearted; vague
- Don't do the job just any old way.
3. reasonable; moderateSee also いい加減にする, usu. in suggestions or orders
- I'm about tired of this quiet life.
4. considerably; quite; rather; pretty
- He's just about had enough of the Smiths' TV.
好い加減 【いいかげん】、好加減 【いいかげん】
好加減: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to tell (to do); to order; to charge; to direct
- He did exactly as I had told him.
2. to tell on (someone); to tattle; to report
- You can tell him for all I care.
3. to often say
言い付ける 【いいつける】、言付ける 【いいつける】
1. no; nayUsually written using kana alone
2. well; er; whyUsually written using kana alone
- おも ？」「
- "What do you think?" "Well, I'm for it."
3. you're welcome; not at all; don't mention itUsually written using kana alone
否 【いいや】、否 【いえ】、否 【いな】、否 【いや】
1. committee; commission; board; panel; committee meeting
2. CommitteeA committee (or "commission") is a type of small delibera... Read more
1. way of saying (something); way of putting it; wording; phrasing; language; expression
1. one's say; one's point
2. complaint; grievance; objection; excuse