Words — 17 found
1. to fly; to soaresp. 飛ぶ
- と 。
- The plane flew over the mountain.
2. to jump; to leap; to spring; to bound; to hopesp. 跳ぶ
- How high can you jump?
3. to spatter; to scatter; to splash; to fly (e.g. of sparks)
4. to hurry; to rush
- かんが 。
- She thought of the fine autumn day when she had rushed home from school with the good news; she was chosen to be on the relay team.
5. to flee; to run off; to escape
6. to disappear; to vanish; to fade; to thin out
7. to break off; to come off; to fall off; to blow (of a fuse)
- と 。
- A fuse has blown.
8. to be sent out (of an order); to fly (of false rumours, catcalls, etc.)
- と 。
- Word is passing that the Prime Minister is seriously ill.
9. to come flying (of a punch, kick, etc.)
10. to be missing (of a page, stitch, etc.); to skip; to jump (e.g. of a conversation)
- と 。
- He frequently jumps from one topic to another while he is talking.
跳ぶ 【とぶ】、翔ぶ 【とぶ】
翔ぶ: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. to mourn for; to grieve for; to condole with (the bereaved family, etc.)
2. to hold a memorial service for; to hold a funeral service for
とぶらう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. great vigor; tremendous energy; forceful enough to knock down birds in flightIdiomatic expression
1. great vigor; tremendous energy; forceful enough to knock down birds in flightIdiomatic expression, See also 飛ぶ鳥を落とす勢い
- かれ 、
- He's unstoppable right now but the question is how long he can remain at the pinnacle of his career.
1. last death anniversary for which there is a memorial service held (usu. the 32nd or 49th)Buddhism, See also 三十三回忌
弔い上げ 【とぶらいあげ】、弔い上げ 【といあげ】、問い上げ 【といあげ】
とぶらいあげ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. funeral; burial
弔い 【とぶらい】、弔い 【ともらい】
とぶらい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. ともらい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
2. TobrukTobruk or Tubruq /tɵˈbrʊk/ is a port city on Libya's east... Read more