Words — 6 found
JLPT N3 Links
1. fate; destiny (esp. as a mysterious force that binds two people together)
- きれめ 。
- The end of money is the end of love.
2. relationship (e.g. between two people); bond; link; connection
- Our connection may be cut on paper but the bonds of old remain as they were.
3. family ties; affinity
4. opportunity; chance (to meet someone and start a relationship)Only applies to えん
5. pratyaya (indirect conditions, as opposed to direct causes)Buddhism, Only applies to えん, See also 因
6. narrow open-air verandaOnly applies to えん, also written as 椽
縁 【えにし】、縁 【え】、縁 【えに】、江に 【えに】
江に: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. reason; significance; cause
2. piece of information that one has heard; I hear that ...; it is said that ...Only applies to 由
因 【よし】、縁 【よし】
1. edge (of a river, woods, etc.); shoulder (of a road)Usually written using kana alone, sometimes べり as a suffix
2. rim; brim; hem; margin; fringe; selvageUsually written using kana alone
3. fabric border (of a tatami mat, etc.); edgingUsually written using kana alone
1. connection (to a person, place, etc.); relation; affinityUsually written using kana alone
所縁 【ゆかり】、所縁 【しょえん】