Words — 2 found
1. to prick; to stab
- I pricked my thumb with a needle.
2. to poke; to prod; to push; to thrust; to nudge; to hit; to strike
3. to use (a cane); to prop oneself up with; to press against (the floor, etc.)
- Stop resting your elbows on the table.
4. to attack
5. to brave (the rain, etc.)
衝く 【つく】、撞く 【つく】、捺く 【つく】
1. to poke (repeatedly, lightly); to nudgeUsually written using kana alone
- だ 。
- It's not good to wake a sleeping snake.
2. to peck at (one's food); to pick at
- た 。
- Woodpeckers peck tree trunks with their long pointed beaks and eat insects found there.
3. to peck at (someone's faults, etc.)
4. to egg on; to put up to
突付く 【つつく】、突つく 【つつく】
突付く: Irregular kanji usage. 突つく: Irregular okurigana usage.