Words — 2 found
1. sweet-tasting; sweet; sugary; sugared
- This chocolate is very sweet and tasty.
2. fragrant (smelling); sweet (music)
- かお 。
- Lilies smell sweet.
3. lightly salted; light in salt; not spicy
4. naive; overly optimistic; soft on; generous; indulgent; easy-going; lenientSee also 甘く見る
- I have always had a soft spot in my heart for Mary.
5. half-hearted; not finished properly
6. insufficient; not satisfactory; inadequate; loose
- She was beguiled by his sweet words.
8. tempting; enticing; luringSee also 甘い言葉
1. skillful; skilful; skilled; good; expert; clever (expression, trick, etc.); apt; appropriateUsually written using kana alone, esp. 上手い, 巧い
- She's very good at tennis, but she's not much of a swimmer.
2. delicious; tasty; good; niceUsually written using kana alone, esp. 旨い, 美味い, 甘い
- That place's food is great, and their prices are good, but the fly in the ointment is their terrible location.
3. good (deal, idea, etc.); profitable; promising; lucky; fortunate; successful; satisfactory; splendidUsually written using kana alone, esp. 旨い
- That's too good a story to be true.
美味い 【うまい】、旨い 【うまい】、巧い 【うまい】、甘い 【うまい】、美い 【うまい】
美い: Rarely-used kanji form.