Words — 5 found
1. ball; sphere; globe; orb
- う 。
- There were beads of sweat on his forehead.
2. bead (of sweat, dew, etc.); drop; droplet
- A nickel is a five-cent coin.
3. ball (in sports)esp. 球
- Adversity makes a man wise, not rich.
4. pile (of noodles, etc.)
5. bulletesp. 弾; also written as 弾丸
- The bullet just shaved his cheek.
6. bulb (i.e. a light bulb)esp. 球
7. lens (of glasses, etc.)
8. bead (of an abacus)esp. 玉,珠
9. ball (i.e. a testicle)Slang, Abbreviation, See also 金玉 きんたま, esp. 玉
10. gem; jewel (esp. spherical; sometimes used figuratively); pearlesp. 玉,珠; also written as 璧
11. female entertainer (e.g. a geisha)
12. person (when commenting on their nature); characterDerogatory
13. item, funds or person used as part of a plot
- That's because, you see, I've known he isn't that sort of person from a long time back.
14. eggSee also 玉子
15. coinusu. だま
16. precious; beautiful; excellent
球 【たま】、珠 【たま】、弾 【たま】
1. fly in the ointment; small flaw in otherwise perfect object; only trouble; only faultIdiomatic expression
玉にきず 【たまにきず】、珠に瑕 【たまにきず】、玉に疵 【たまにきず】、珠に疵 【たまにきず】、珠にきず 【たまにきず】、玉にキズ 【たまにキズ】
1. calculation on an abacus
2. Abacus systemAbacus is a Latin word that has its origins in the Greek ... Read more
珠算 【たまざん】、玉算 【たまざん】
1. moon snail (Naticidae spp.); moon shellUsually written using kana alone
2. Marten's pearl oyster (Pinctada fucata martensii); Akoya pearl oysterUsually written using kana alone, See also 阿古屋貝