Words — 652 found
1. from (e.g. time, place, numerical quantity); since
- ごぜん ８
- じ １０
- はじ 。
- School begins at 8:10 a.m.
2. from (originator); by
- Will I make it through?
3. because; sincefollows verbs, adjectives
- Since the light in his room is on, he must have come home.
4. out of (constituent, part)
- のこ 。
- Two from ten leaves eight.
5. through (e.g. window, vestibule)
6. after; sincefollowing the te-form of a verb
- Shake before using.
7. expresses sympathy or warningSee also いいから
- Now, this is really important.
1. shell; husk; hull; pod; chaff
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. emptiness; vacuum; blank
2. SkyThe sky, also known as the celestial dome, commonly refer... Read more
1. China (sometimes also used in ref. to Korea or other foreign countries)Archaism
2. Han (state)Han was a state that existed during the Warring States Pe... Read more
韓 【から】、漢 【から】
1. bodySee also 身体 しんたい, からだ is a gikun reading of 身体
- The chameleon can take on the colors of its background.
2. torso; trunk
- きた 、
- If he had trained himself harder at that time, he would be healthier now.
3. build; physique; frame; figure
4. health; constitution
5. corpse; dead bodyArchaism
身体 【からだ】、躰 【からだ】、躯 【からだ】
1. salty (taste); briny
鹹い 【しおからい】、鹹い 【からい】
1. to twine; to get tangled; to get entangled; to get caught (in)
2. to be involved (e.g. of money in a matter); to get involved (in); to be a factor (in); to have an influence
- John picked a quarrel with college kids near him at the bar.
3. to pick a quarrel (with); to find fault (with); to pester; to hassle
- から 。
- Last year's pop hit was set off by a serial TV drama.
搦む: Rarely-used kanji form.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. body build; figure
体付き 【からだつき】、身体つき 【からだつき】、身体付き 【からだつき】
1. spicy; hot
- I don't care too much for hot food.
- She has gone through many difficulties.
3. harsh (criticism); severe (punishment); strict
4. painful; bitter; difficult; toughSee also 辛い つらい
1. Chinese poem; Chinese poetry
2. Kanshi (poetry)is a Japanese term for Chinese poetry in general as well ... Read more
1. to tease; to make fun of; to poke fun at; to make a crack about; to chaff; to kid; to joke; to banter; to pull someone's legUsually written using kana alone
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. color; colour
- The collar is too tight round my throat.
2. hair colouring (coloring)
- かん ケリー
- The information presented in Kelly's paper on color coordination is seen to be of use in building up an alternative theory.
3. political color; political leaning
1. swing and a miss
2. (punching and) failing to make contact
3. (ending in) failure; fruitless effort; vain attempt
- Karate is an art of unarmed defense.
2. empty handedOnly applies to 空手
1. dry taste (e.g. sake, wine)
- I want something dry.
2. a liking for sake; one who likes sake
3. salty (taste)
4. harsh; scathing
1. linkage; entanglement; involvement; relationship; interaction