Words — 23 found
1. astringent; bitter; puckery; rough; harsh; tart
- For my tastes, I'd prefer plainer, or rather, more tasteful clothing.
2. austere; elegant (and unobtrusive); refined; quiet (and simple); sober; sombre; subdued; tasteful (in a quiet way); understated
3. sour (look); glum; grim; sullen; sulky
4. stingy; tight-fisted
- The first thing that came to my attention was the large sofa. It was covered in sober coloured leather, the seat and the back both looked wide and comfortable.
澁い: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. to hesitate; to hold back; to balk; to falter
2. to be reluctant; to be unwilling; to begrudge
3. to have loose painful bowel movement; to suffer from tenesmus
1. Japanese dock (a plant) (Rumex japonicus)Archaism, See also 羊蹄
1. urbane and good-looking womanSee also 渋皮がむける
1. astringency; tartness
2. austere elegance; elegant simplicity; subdued style; quiet taste; refinement
1. stingy person; miser; scroogeColloquialism, Usually written using kana alone
1. Shibuya-kei (pop music microgenre of the mid-late 1990s)
2. Shibuya-keiShibuya-kei is a sub-genre of Japanese pop music which or... Read more