Words — 53 found
1. Japanese apricot (Prunus mume); Japanese plum; ume; Chinese plum
- The plum blossoms are at their best this week.
3. Prunus mumePrunus mume, with the common names including Chinese plum... Read more
梅 【むめ】、楳 【うめ】、楳 【むめ】、ウメ
むめ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. むめ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. to bury (e.g. in the ground)
- う 。
- Dogs often bury bones.
2. to fill up (e.g. audience fills a hall); to cause to be packed
- The crowd filled the hall.
3. to plug (a gap); to stop (a gap); to bridge (a difference, a gap); to fill (a seat, a vacant position); to fill out
- The problem lies in the fact that the necessary gap is bridged by perception.
4. to make up for (a loss, shortage, etc.); to make amends; to compensate for
- I have to cover his loss.
5. to put cold water (in a bath)
- As the bath is too hot, I will run some cold water into it.
6. to cover; to scatter something over
1. umeboshi; pickled dried ume; pickled dried plum
2. UmeboshiUmeboshi are pickled ume fruits common in Japan. The word... Read more
1. to make amends; to compensate for; to make up for
1. to make up for; to compensate forSee also 埋め合わせる
埋め合す 【うめあわす】、埋めあわす 【うめあわす】
Common word Links
1. reclaimed land
2. Land reclamationLand reclamation, usually known as reclamation, is the pr... Read more
1. marsh grass of Parnassus (Parnassia palustris)Usually written using kana alone
2. Parnassia palustrisParnassia palustris, commonly called Marsh Grass-of-Parna... Read more
1. yellowtail blue snapper (Paracaesio xanthura); yellowback fusilierUsually written using kana alone
1. embedding; implantation
埋込 【うめこみ】、埋込み 【うめこみ】、埋め込 【うめこみ】