Words — 138 found
Common word Links
1. indicates supposition; if ... then; when; after
- Ah, well I've bandaged it for the meantime but if that's awkward then it's fine to replace it with a plaster when you get home.
2. (typically after someone's name) indicates exasperationusu. ったら
- "... in other words, sex!?" "Geez, you don't beat around the bush!"
1. obi; kimono sash
- Her kimono and obi combination is smart, isn't it?
3. band; belt; strip
4. cingulumAnatomical term
6. Obi (sash)is a sash for traditional Japanese dress, keikogi worn fo... Read more
帯 【たらし】、帶 【おび】、帶 【たらし】
たらし: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 帶: Out-dated kanji. たらし: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 帶: Out-dated kanji.
1. to dribble; to spill
- She dropped lemon juice into her tea.
2. to suspend; to hang down; to slouch; to dangle
1. (eating or drinking) to one's heart's contentUsually written using kana alone
鱈腹: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. acrobatic barrel-rolling (performed using the feet while lying on the back)
2. handing something around (within a fixed group of people in a pre-arranged order)
- I'm opposed to political power being monopolized within a clique.
3. handing off a problem to someone else (in order to evade responsibility)
Common word Links
1. drop-by-drop; dripping; dribbling; in a trickleOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. incessantly (esp. speaking, e.g. complaints, compliments); in great profusionOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- She keeps moaning that she has no time.
1. tarantula (common name for large spiders)See also オオツチグモ
2. European wolf spider (Lycosa tarentula)
1. red king crab (Paralithodes camtschaticus)Usually written using kana alone
2. Paralithodes camtschaticusThe red king crab, Paralithodes camtschaticus, is a speci... Read more
鱈場蟹 【たらばがに】、多羅波蟹 【たらばがに】、鱈場ガニ 【たらばガニ】、タラバガニ
1. devil's walking stick (tree) (Aralia elata); Japanese angelica treeUsually written using kana alone
2. Aralia elataAralia elata or Japanese Angelica-tree is a woody plant b... Read more
楤の木 【たらのき】、楤木 【たらのき】、タラの木 【タラのき】、タラノキ