Words — 134 found
1. time; hour; moment刻 signifies a time of day; 秋 signifies an important time
- His voice broke when he was twelve.
2. occasion; caseOnly applies to 時
- You cannot be too careful when you drive a car.
3. chance; opportunity; seasonOnly applies to 時
4. the times; the age; the dayOnly applies to 時
5. tenselinguistics terminology, Only applies to 時
6. AutumnAutumn or fall is one of the four temperate seasons. Autu... Read more
刻 【とき】、秋 【とき】
1. Japanese crested ibis (Nipponia nippon); crested ibisUsually written using kana alone
2. Crested IbisThe Crested Ibis (Nipponia nippon), also known as the Jap... Read more
朱鷺 【とき】、桃花鳥 【とき】、朱鷺 【しゅろ】、鴇 【つき】、トキ
1. clock; watch; timepiece
2. ClockA clock is an instrument used to indicate, keep, and co-o... Read more
土圭 【とけい】、時計 【ときはかり】
ときはかり: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. sometimes; occasionally; at times; from time to time; now and then; once in a while; at intervals
2. seasonal; of the season; appropriate (for the season or occasion)
時時 【ときどき】、時どき 【ときどき】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. sometimes; at intervals; occasionally; on occasion; from time to time
時おり 【ときおり】、時折り 【ときおり】、時折 【ときより】、時折り 【ときより】
ときより: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. ときより: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. to disentangle; to untangle; to unravel
- Who shall ever unravel the mysteries of the sea?
2. to relax; to soften; to relieve (e.g. stress, tension); to remove (e.g. doubt)
解き解す 【ときほぐす】、解解す 【ときほぐす】
1. to confute; to argue down; to persuade; to convince; to prevail on
1. by the way; incidentally
- とき 鈴木
- By the way, have you heard about Suzuki?
2. sometimes; occasionally; on occasion
- ひきお 。
- Crimes sometimes result from ignorance of the law.
3. precisely (at that time); exactly; just (then); right (then)
1. plating (chrome, gold, silver, etc.); coating; gilding; giltUsually written using kana alone
- This iron sheet is coated with tin.
2. pretense; pretence; simulationUsually written using kana alone
- He has finally shown his true colors.
滅金 【めっき】、鍍金 【ときん】、メッキ