Words — 1 found
1. to adopt (method, proposal, etc.); to take (measure, course of action, etc.); to decide on
- In the midst of the dollar falling hard against the Yen and other major Eastern currencies the Chinese Yuan, with China effectively taking a 'dollar peg' policy, has become cheap.
2. to pick (e.g. flowers); to gather (e.g. mushrooms); to catch (e.g. insects)
3. to extract (e.g. juice); to take (e.g. a sample)
- Please leave a urine sample in this cup.
4. to assume (an attitude)
5. to take on (workers, students); to employ; to hire
6. to draw in (e.g. water); to let in (e.g. light from a window)