Words — 312 found
1. to tear; to rip upOnly applies to 裂く
- さ 。
- The girl tore the cloth.
2. to cut up; to cleave; to cut open (esp. the abdomen)
3. to forcibly separate (e.g. two lovers)Only applies to 裂く
4. to spare (time, money, etc.); to use part of somethingOnly applies to 割く
- Can you spare me a few minutes of your valuable time?
5. to have a tattoo in the corner of one's eyeArchaism, See also 黥く
1. plan; policy; means; measure; stratagem; scheme
2. fifth principle of the Eight Principles of Yong; right upward flickSee also 永字八法
1. work (e.g. of art); productionSee also 作品
2. harvest; cultivation; farming; crop; yield
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. fence; paling; railing
2. FenceA fence is a freestanding structure designed to restrict ... Read more
1. new moonAstronomy, etc. term
2. first day of the lunar month
3. (in ancient China) next year's calendar and decrees (distributed by the Emperor at year's end)
4. New moonThe original meaning of the phrase new moon was the first... Read more
1. capsule (moss sporangium)Usually written using kana alone
2. capsule (type of dehiscent fruit)See also さく果
蒴: Out-dated kanji.
1. plane; sharpen; whittle; pare; shave (leather); scrape off; crossout; reduce; curtail
1. work (e.g. book, film, composition, etc.); opus; performance; production
2. Work of artA work of art, artwork, art piece, or art object is an ae... Read more
1. eveningOnly applies to 夕べ
- あし 、
- あし 、
- なに 。
- What goes on four legs in the morning, two legs at noon, and three legs in the evening?
2. last night; yesterday eveningusu. 昨夜
- Did you have a good sleep last night?
昨夜 【ゆうべ】、昨夜 【さくや】、昨夜 【ゆんべ】
1. index (in a book)
2. Index (publishing)An index is a list of words or phrases ('headings') and a... Read more
1. tactics; strategy
- ね 。
- Let's take time out to elaborate a strategy.
2. military operation; naval operationMilitary
3. Military operationMilitary operation is the coordinated military actions of... Read more
1. cherry tree; cherry blossom
- They seem a little past their peak, but even so we enjoyed the beautiful cherry blossoms.
2. fake buyer; paid audience; shill; seat filleralso as 偽客
3. hired applauder
4. horse meatColloquialism, See also 桜肉
櫻: Out-dated kanji.