Words — 8 found
1. to wave; to shake; to swing
- ふ 。
- I shook my head a few times.
2. to sprinkle; to throw (dice)
3. to cast (actor); to allocate (work)
4. to turn down (somebody); to reject; to jilt; to dump
- You were about to dump her flat out, weren't you?
5. to abandon; to give up; to ruin
6. to add kana indicating a reading of a wordSee also 振り仮名
7. to slightly change headings; to change directions
8. to extract by broiling; to prepare an infusion of; to decoct
9. to carry with great vigor (e.g. a portable shrine)
10. to bring up a topic; to lead to a topic
11. to replace; to substitute
12. to set up a joke for somebody else
1. to behave; to conduct oneself
- If you are a student, behave as such.
2. to entertain; to treat someone (to a drink); to make tea for someone (tea ceremony)
- She treated me to a cup of tea.
Common word Links
1. behavior; behaviour; conduct
2. entertainment; treat; feast; banquet
振舞い 【ふるまい】、振るまい 【ふるまい】、振舞 【ふるまい】
1. to swing; to wield (physically); to exertSee also 槍を振るう
2. to exercise (e.g. power, ability); to exhibit; to display; to wield (metaphorically)See also 威を振るう
- ふ 。
- The storm raged in all its fury.
3. to flourish; to prosper; to thrive
- The job drew out his talent.
揮う 【ふるう】、振う 【ふるう】
振う: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to shake off
振るい落とす 【ふるいおとす】、ふるい落す 【ふるいおとす】、振るい落す 【ふるいおとす】