Words — 80 found
1. to be lifted; to be raised; to rise; to go up
- もちあ 。
- This desk was too heavy to lift.
2. to happen suddenly; to occur; to come up; to turn up
- もちあ 。
- They took advantage of the stock price increase to raise the idea of building a new factory.
3. to be homeroom teacher for the same class multiple years in a row; to move up with one's class
持上がる 【もちあがる】、持ち上る 【もちあがる】、持上る 【もちあがる】
1. one's post; one's position; one's station; one's place of duty
2. one's round; one's beat; one's route
1. to offer (a suggestion, etc.); to propose (an idea, etc.); to approach with (a proposal, etc.)
持ち掛ける 【もちかける】、持掛ける 【もちかける】
1. share (of expenses); equity (in company); holdings; interest (in company)
1. to ruin oneself; to degrade oneselfusu. as 身を～
1. money possessed
- She was taken in by that fake gold certificate scandal and lost most of her money.
1. work, items, etc. carried over from earlierColloquialism, See also 持ち越す
- Got cancelled at the last minute. 'Deferred to next week'.
2. hangover; what you ate the day before (and is still being digested)
持越し 【もちこし】、持越 【もちこし】
持越: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. inspection of personal belongings (e.g. before entering a venue)
- しず ！
- うご 。
- Quiet! Everybody stay where they are, there will now be a possessions check.
1. horses owned; horse owned
- The horse that won the race was owned by Mr Johnson.
1. unity; even matching; interdependenceOnly applies to もちあい
2. steadiness (of market price); holding; no change
保ち合い 【もちあい】、保合い 【もちあい】、持合 【もちあい】、保合 【もちあい】、保ち合い 【たもちあい】
1. taking something out; carrying out
2. providing money oneself; paying with one's own money
4. strengthening under a seam (clothing)
持出し 【もちだし】、持出 【もちだし】
持出: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to gather (bringing something); to gather (to exchange something)
1. holding company
2. Holding companyA holding company is a company or firm that owns other co... Read more