Words — 113 found
1. hot; warm; sultry; heatedAntonym: 寒い
- It is the hottest this summer.
2. passionate; impassioned; burning (desire, etc.)
3. on everybody's mind; on the radar; du jour; interested (gaze, etc.)
1. thick; deep; heavyOnly applies to 厚い
- The ice is two inches thick.
2. kind; cordial; hospitable; warm; faithful
- もうしあ 。
- I'm deeply grateful for your kindness.
3. serious (of an illness)Only applies to 篤い
4. abundantOnly applies to 厚い
1. to collect; to assemble; to gather
1. to gather; to collect; to assemble
集る: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. pressure; stressPhysics terminology
- お 。
- The bridge crashed under the pressure.
2. pressure (e.g. political); coercion; arm-twisting
- The plan was given up under the pressure of public opinion.
3. PressurePressure is the force per unit area applied in a directio... Read more
1. to deal with (a person); to treat; to handle; to take care of; to entertain
- あつか 。
- Psychology deals with human emotions.
2. to deal with (a problem); to handle; to manage
- あつか 。
- I will deal with this problem.
3. to operate (e.g. a machine); to handle; to work
- なれ 。
- She is used to handling this machine.
4. to deal in; to sell
- Mr Brown is a wool merchant.
5. to cover (a topic); to treat; to discuss; to take up
6. to treat A as Bas ＡをＢとして扱う
7. to mediate (an argument)Archaism
8. to be too much for one; to find unmanageableArchaism
9. to gossipArchaism
1. gathering; meeting; assembly; collection; attendance
集り: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to give an order; to place an order; to have made to orderUsually written using kana alone
1. piping hot; scalding
- I could go for a nice hot pizza right now.
2. madly in love; passionately in love
1. how to manage (e.g. case); how to handle (e.g. machine); way with (e.g. children, animal)
1. collecting; assembling
- She put her assistants to work assembling evidence.