Words — 600 found
1. king; ruler; sovereign; monarch
- They are plotting to kill the king.
2. tycoon; magnate; champion; master
3. king (of the senior player)Shogi, Abbreviation, See also 王将 おうしょう
1. to chase; to run after; to pursue; to follow after
- お 。
- The policeman was after the thief.
2. to follow (a set order, a trend, etc.)
- I can't keep track of all the changes taking place in the world of AIDS research.
3. to drive out; to get rid of; to oust; to expel
4. to drive (e.g. a herd)
- A cowboy is driving cattle to the pasture.
5. to be pressed (e.g. for time)in passive voice
- I've been pressed for time today!
1. to bear; to carry on one's backSee also 背負う
- It is the last straw that breaks the camel's back.
2. to take responsibility for; to accept a duty
- You've got to answer for the outcome.
3. to receive (wound); to incur (damage); to be injured
- The doctor tried hard to save the wounded boy.
4. to owe
Common word Links
1. old man; venerable gentleman
2. venerable; old; fatherHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language, Only applies to おう
1. to come together; to merge; to unite; to meet
- あ 。
- This waistcoat won't meet at the front.
2. to fit; to match; to suit; to agree with; to be correct
- This white coat will look very nice on you.
3. to be profitable; to be equitable
4. to do ... to each other; to do ... togetherafter the -masu stem of a verb
- The two ladies smiled at each other.
おう: Irregular kana usage.
1. yellow; amber
2. YellowYellow is the color evoked by light that stimulates both ... Read more
黄色 【こうしょく】、黄色 【おうしょく】
1. kingHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language
2. Ōsama (musician), born Ōsama Jirō, is a Japanese musician and guitarist b... Read more
1. female; woman; female sexSee also 男 おとこ, can be blunt when used alone
2. female lover; girlfriend; mistress; (someone's) woman
女 【おみな】、女 【おうな】、女 【うみな】、女 【おな】
おみな: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. おうな: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. うみな: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. おな: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. crossing (a road, river, etc.); cutting through (e.g. of a river through a town); cutting across; intersecting (e.g. a railway track)
- Take care when you cross the street.
2. crossing (east-west); traversing; travelling across; flying across (e.g. the Pacific); sailing acrossSee also 縦断
- He crossed the Pacific Ocean in a sailboat.
3. cutting horizontally; sectioning laterallySee also 縦断
1. to respond; to satisfy; to accept; to comply with; to apply for
2. subordinate Kumano shrine
1. Europe and America; the West
2. Europe & America