Words — 173 found
1. tapir (Tapirus spp.)Usually written using kana alone
2. mo (mythological Chinese chimera similar to a tapir, said to devour bad dreams)
3. Baku (spirit)are Japanese supernatural beings that devour dreams and n... Read more
貘: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. explosion; detonation; eruption
- He was alarmed by the explosion.
2. eruption (of discontent, etc.); outburst; outpouring
- His constant complaints aroused my rage.
3. ExplosionAn explosion is a rapid increase in volume and release of... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. vast; huge; immense; enormous; colossal
2. malva nut (Sterculia lychnophora)
3. Sterculia lychnophoraSterculia lychnophora Hance (Malva nut tree or Taiwan swe... Read more
2. alcohol with liquor added (esp. wine-based shōchū highball, also beer with whiskey)Usually written using kana alone
3. BombA bomb is any of a range (short or long distance) of expl... Read more
1. disclosure; exposure; revelation
2. MaltMalt is germinated cereal grains that have been dried in ... Read more
1. roar of laughter (from multiple people); burst of laughter; uproarious laughter
2. laughing hard (of a single person)Colloquialism
1. shogunate; bakufuHistorical term
2. shogun's headquartersHistorical term
3. Imperial Guards office; residence of the Imperial Guards commanderHistorical term, See also 近衛
1. vague; obscure; indistinct; hazy; ambiguous
2. sudden and dramatic (of an increase in sales, popularity, etc.); explosive; rapid; abrupt; tremendous
1. gambling; gaming
2. speculation; undertaking a risky venture
3. professional gambler; gamesterArchaism, See also 博奕打ち ばくちうち
1. at full speed; impetuously; precipitately; headlongUsually written using kana alone, usu. as まっしぐらに
驀地 【まっしぐら】、驀地 【ましぐら】、驀地 【ましくら】、驀地 【ばくち】
1. bomb warning
- いらい 、
- Security at the airport has been stepped up since the bomb scare.