Words — 1419 found
1. title; subject; theme; topic
- ゆうじょう 」
- Write an essay on "Friendship".
2. problem (on a test); question
3. counter for questions (on a test)
- わりあ 。
- The teacher assigned us ten problems for homework.
1. stand; rack; table; bench; podium; pedestal; platform; stage
- Please don't place a vase on this stand.
2. support; holder; rack
3. counter for machines, incl. vehicles
4. setting (e.g. in jewellery)
- You should compare the two motorcycles.
6. elevated area
7. viewing platform
8. dish traySee also 台盤
10. tall building; towerArchaism, See also 高殿
Common word Links
1. large; big; great; huge; vast; major; important; serious; severe
2. great; prominent; eminent; distinguished
- おも 。
- I think he's a great writer.
3. -sized; as big as; the size of
- きえさ 。
- In the blink of an eye, the tennis-ball-sized dumpling had disappeared.
4. universityAbbreviation, See also 大学
- She was accepted at Harvard.
5. large (e.g. serving size); large option
- Large or small?
6. long month (i.e. having 31 days)Abbreviation, See also 大の月
Common word Links
1. is it?; isn't it?Familiar language, marks wh-question (what, where, who)
- Why not apply for that job?
2. be; isChildren's language, strengthens one's judgment or conclusion
1. charge; cost; price
- The longer you stay, the more overtime pay you'll get.
2. generation; age; (school) year; cohort; reign
- き 。
- Our transactions with that firm have continued unbroken since my father's generation.
4. a representative of; on behalf of; for (someone)after someone's name or title
5. switchboard numberSee also 代表電話番号, used after a phone number
6. counter for decades of ages, eras, etc.
- おお 。
- Many young women in their 20s plan to go abroad during their summer holidays.
7. counter for generations (of inheritors to a throne, etc.)
- だい ９０
- The Abe Cabinet is the Cabinet inaugurated on September 26, 2006 by Shinzo Abe, who was appointed as Japan's 90th Prime Minister.
8. proxy application companyAbbreviation, See also 代理申請会社
9. pronounAbbreviation, See also 代名詞, used in dictionaries, etc.
1. university; collegeSee also 総合大学
- You should go on to a technical college.
2. former central university of Kyoto (established under the ritsuryō system for the training of government administrators)Abbreviation, See also 大学寮, See also 国学 こくがく
- The majority of the successful candidates were university graduates.
3. the Great Learning (one of the Four Books)See also 四書
4. UniversityA university is an institution of higher education and re... Read more
大學: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. adult; grown-up
2. AdultAn adult is a human being or living organism that is of r... Read more
2. financial situation
3. KitchenA kitchen is a room or part of a room used for cooking an... Read more
台所 【だいどこ】、臺處 【だいどころ】、臺處 【だいどこ】
臺處: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 臺處: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. president (of a nation)
2. big man; boss; buddy; mateFamiliar language, used vocatively; esp. of an actor
3. PresidentA president is a leader of an organization, company, club... Read more
1. cabinet minister
2. Minister (government)A minister is a politician who holds significant public o... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. representation; agency; proxy
2. proxy; agent; representative; deputy; substitute; surrogate; stand-in
3. Law of agencyThe law of agency is an area of commercial law dealing wi... Read more
1. liking very much; loving (something or someone); adoring; being very fond of
1. safe; secure; sound; problem-free; without fear; all right; alright; OK; okay
- She is all right at the moment.
2. certainly; surely; undoubtedly
- No, no, that's okay.
3. no thanks; I'm good; that's alrightColloquialism
4. great man; fine figure of a manArchaism, Only applies to だいじょうぶ, See also 大丈夫 だいじょうふ
Common word JLPT N2 Links
2. CarpentryA carpenter (builder) is a skilled craftsperson who works... Read more
1. graduate school
2. Graduate schoolA graduate school is a school that awards advanced academ... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
- せつぞくし +
- だいめいし 」
- Relative pronouns perform as 'conjunction + pronoun'.
2. synonym; classic example; pattern; byword; representative
- The name Cleopatra has become a byword for a beautiful woman.
3. PronounIn linguistics and grammar, a pronoun is a pro-form that ... Read more
1. important; serious; crucial
- I'll treasure your kind words.
2. valuable; precious
- He is precious to us.
3. serious matter; major incident; matter of grave concern; crisisSee also 大事 おおごと
4. great undertaking; great enterprise; great thing
5. safe; OKSee also だいじょうぶ, Tochigi dialect
1. outline; main points; gist; substance; essenceUsually written using kana alone
2. generally; on the whole; mostly; almost; nearly; approximately; roughly; aboutUsually written using kana alone
- ただ 。
- His opinion is generally correct.
3. general; roughUsually written using kana alone
4. in the first place; first and foremost; from the start; to begin withUsually written using kana alone
1. university student; college student