Words — 192 found
1. counter for people (usu. seating, reservations and such)Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language
- ししゃ ５
- めい 、
- ふしょうしゃ １００
- The toll from the accident was 5 persons dead and 100 persons injured.
2. first name
3. famous; greatSee also 名探偵
- Your wonderful lecture was pearls before swine.
5. nounAbbreviation, See also 名詞, part of speech tag used in dictionaries
1. famous place
2. name of a part (of an instrument, etc.)Only applies to などころ
3. name and addressOnly applies to などころ
4. Meishoare sites in Japan which are famous for their association... Read more
1. business card
2. Business cardBusiness cards are cards bearing business information abo... Read more
1. famous product; special product; speciality; specialty
2. MeibutsuMeibutsu (名物) is a Japanese term for famous products asso... Read more
2. NounPut simply, a noun is a word used to name a person, place... Read more
なことば: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. honor; honour; credit; glory; fame; distinction
- It is a great honor to be invited.
2. prestige; dignity; reputation; honor; good name
- The problem affects the prestige of our school.
3. honorary (e.g. president, doctorate)
- あた 。
- The college bestowed an honorary degree on him.
4. HonourHonour or honor (see spelling differences; from the Latin... Read more
1. register of names; list of names; roll; register; roster
1. noted family; noble family
2. prestigious school, organization, business, etc.See also 名門校 めいもんこう
1. name; title; appellation; (something) nominal
- Price increases explain the difference between the real and nominal growth rates.
2. (under the) pretext (of); pretense
1. name (esp. on a deed, contract, etc.)
2. moral dutySee also 名分
- Every month, he saved ten thousand yen out of his income for his daughter.
3. justification; pretext