Words — 280 found
1. monkey (esp. the Japanese macaque, Macaca fuscata); ape; non-human primateUsually written using kana alone, See also ニホンザル
- み 。
- I saw some monkeys climbing the tree.
2. sly personDerogatory
3. idiot; hickDerogatory
4. sliding wooden bolt (for holding a door or window shut)
5. clasp used to control the height of a pot-hookSee also 自在鉤
6. bathhouse prostituteArchaism, See also 湯女
7. Sarh (Chad); Sal
8. MonkeyA monkey is a primate of the Haplorrhini suborder and sim... Read more
猨: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. to leave; to go away
- さ 、
- もど 。
- In 1900, he left England, and he never returned.
2. to pass; to elapse
- さ 、
- The good old days have gone, never to return.
3. to be distant
4. to send away; to drive off; to divorce
5. to (do) completelyafter a -masu stem, esp. of a suru verb
6. last ... (e.g. "last April")Only applies to 去る, Antonym: 来る きたる
- けっこん 。
- My sister married a high school teacher last June.
1. the Monkey (ninth sign of the Chinese zodiac)
2. hour of the Monkey (around 4pm, 3-5pm, or 4-6pm)Obsolete term, See also 申の刻
3. west-southwestObsolete term
4. 7th month of the lunar calendarObsolete term
6. Monkey (zodiac)The Monkey is the ninth of the 12-year cycle of animals w... Read more
1. a particular; a certainUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to さる
- The industrialist found a wealthy financier to help him weather the storm which was inevitable.
2. that kind of; such aUsually written using kana alone
1. indiscriminate imitation; monkey see, monkey do; blind follower
2. SalmonellaSalmonella /ˌsælməˈnɛlə/ is a genus of rod-shaped, Gram-n... Read more
1. that goes without saying but also ...; not only that but ...Usually written using kana alone
- わす 。
- I got really into it, and I just can't forget the exhilaration of becoming one with the audience.
然る事ながら 【さることながら】、然ることながら 【さることながら】、然る事乍ら 【さることながら】
1. crape myrtle (Lagerstroemia indica)Usually written using kana alone
2. Lagerstroemia indicaLagerstroemia indica (Crape myrtle, Crepe myrtle) is a sp... Read more
猿滑 【さるすべり】、猿滑り 【さるすべり】、百日紅 【ひゃくじつこう】、猿滑 【しび】、サルスベリ
1. hardy kiwi (Actinidia arguta); kiwi berry; tara vine; bower vineUsually written using kana alone
2. Actinidia argutaActinidia arguta (hardy kiwi) is a perennial vine native ... Read more
1. sarugaku (form of theatre popular in Japan during the 11th to 14th centuries)Historical term
2. nohArchaism, Only applies to さるがく, See also 能楽
3. fooling aroundArchaism, Only applies to さるごう
4. SarugakuSarugaku(猿楽), literally "monkey music," was a form of the... Read more
申楽 【さるがく】、散楽 【さるがく】、猿楽 【さるごう】、散楽 【さるごう】
1. old man's beard (any lichen of genus Usnea)Usually written using kana alone
2. UsneaUsnea is the generic and scientific name for several spec... Read more
猿麻桛: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. (mouth) gag
2. GagA gag is usually a device designed to prevent speech, oft... Read more
1. Salvarsan (brand of arsphenamine)Pharmacy, Trademark
2. ArsphenamineArsphenamine, also known as Salvarsan and 606, is a drug ... Read more
1. salsa (dance)From Spanish; Castilian
2. salsa (sauce)Food, cooking