Words — 37 found
1. to recommend (someone to do); to advise; to encourage; to urgeOnly applies to 勧める, Only applies to 奨める
- すす 。
- I recommend you to go by train.
2. to recommend (a book, someone for a position, etc.); to suggestesp. 薦める
- すす 。
- Tom recommended the novel to them.
3. to offer (a drink, cigarette, seat, etc.)Only applies to 勧める, Only applies to 奨める
- い 。
- I offered him whisky or gin, but he said he didn't need either.
薦める 【すすめる】、奨める 【すすめる】
1. invitation; solicitation; canvassing; canvasing; inducement; persuasion; encouragement
1. recommendation; advice; suggestion; encouragementSee also お勧め
薦め 【すすめ】、奨め 【すすめ】
1. advice; counsel; remonstrance; recommendation
1. rewarding good and punishing evil; novel or drama with a rewarding-good-and-punishing-evil theme; moral purpose; morality playYojijukugo (four character compound)
2. Poetic justicePoetic justice is a literary device in which virtue is ul... Read more
1. temple solicitation
2. Kanjinis the Japanese term describing the action of a Buddhist ... Read more
1. temple solicitation book
2. KanjinchōKanjinchō (勧進帳, The Subscription List) is a Japanese kabu... Read more
1. canvasser; traveling salesman; travelling salesman; door-to-door solicitor