Words — 2483 found
1. surname; family name
- How do you pronounce your last name?
2. hereditary title (used in ancient Japan to denote rank and political standing)Only applies to せい, See also 姓 かばね
3. Family nameA family name (in Western contexts often referred to as a... Read more
姓 【しょう】、姓 【そう】
しょう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. そう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. nature (of a person)
- Habit is second nature.
2. sex; gender
3. sex (i.e. sexual attraction, activity, etc.)
- Recent comics have too many violent and sexual scenes.
5. -ty; -ity; -ness; -cyindicating quality or condition
- The age of the carpet is a third thing to consider.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. system; organization; organisation; imperial command; laws; regulation; control; government; suppression; restraint; holding back; establishment
1. consequence; outcome; result; blameUsually written using kana alone, often ...のせい
所為: Rarely-used kanji form. せえ: Irregular kana usage. 所為: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. spirit; sprite; nymph
2. energy; vigor (vigour); strength
3. fine details
4. semenSee also 精液
1. counter for generations
- George III has been unfairly maligned by historians.
1. life; living
2. I; me; myselfMale term or language, Humble (kenjougo) language, Only applies to せい
3. studentAbbreviation, Only applies to せい, See also 学生 がくせい
1. Qi (kingdom in China during the Spring and Autumn Period and the Period of the Warring States); Ch'iHistorical term
1. living; life (one's daily existence); livelihood
2. SeikatsuIn Japanese social science, seikatsu refers to a concept ... Read more
1. politics; government
2. PoliticsPolitics (from Greek politikos "of, for, or relating to c... Read more