Words — 105 found
2. ups and downsIdiomatic expression
3. Wind waveIn fluid dynamics, wind waves or, more precisely, wind-ge... Read more
浪 【なみ】、濤 【なみ】
1. average; medium; common; ordinary
2. mid-grade (item); regular grade
3. same level as; equal to; equivalent to; on par with
- It was a good luncheon, as hotels go.
4. each (e.g. month); every
5. row of (teeth, houses, etc.); line of
2. SouthSouth is a noun, adjective, or adverb indicating directio... Read more
1. cherry blossom viewing; flower viewing
2. Hanamiis the Japanese traditional custom of enjoying the beauty... Read more
1. tsunami; tidal wave
3. TsunamiA tsunami (-mee) is a series of water waves caused by the... Read more
津浪 【つなみ】、海嘯 【つなみ】
津浪: Rarely-used kanji form. 海嘯: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. mountain range; mountain belt
2. Mountain rangeA mountain range is a geographic area containing numerous... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. every month
2. trite; commonplace; conventional; hackneyedOnly applies to つきなみ, orig. used as an insult towards old-fashioned poets who would meet monthly to write poetry
- That was just another party.
月並 【つきなみ】、月次 【つきなみ】、月次 【げつじ】
1. townscape; street (of stores and houses); (look of) stores and houses on street
町並 【まちなみ】、街並み 【まちなみ】、街並 【まちなみ】
1. raging waves; stormy seas
2. hardships; troubles; adversities
1. ordinary; average; common; normal; like the average person; like most people
1. row of houses
- なが 。
- A canal flowed between two rows of houses.
2. each house; every house; every door
家並 【いえなみ】、家並み 【やなみ】、家並 【やなみ】、屋並み 【やなみ】、屋並 【やなみ】
1. ordinary (esp. life or behavior); typical; conventional; standard; average
世間なみ 【せけんなみ】、世間並 【せけんなみ】
1. ripple (on water); waveletsUsually written using kana alone
2. ripple (e.g. of uneasiness); unrest; disturbanceUsually written using kana alone
細波 【さざなみ】、漣 【さざなみ】、小波 【さざなみ】
1. row of houses
2. every house; each house; every door
3. all; totally; altogether; across the board
1. taste (in goods, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
- He has more money than taste.
2. manners; etiquetteUsually written using kana alone
3. modesty; restraint; prudenceUsually written using kana alone
4. knowledge, experience (of the arts, etc.); accomplishmentsUsually written using kana alone
- み 。
- Many people, if not most, look on literary taste as an elegant accomplishment.
5. taking care of one's personal appearanceUsually written using kana alone
1. whitecaps; white-crested waves
- た 。
- The sea was white with foam.