Words — 2 found
1. to be attached; to be connected with; to adhere; to stick; to cling
- The boiler was heavily scaled.
2. to remain imprinted; to scar; to stain; to dye
- The cattle are marked with brands.
3. to bear (fruit, interest, etc.)
4. to be acquired (of a habit, ability, etc.); to increase (of strength, etc.)
- He has taken to drinking since the death of his wife.
5. to take root
6. to accompany; to attend; to follow; to study with
- Does it have a bathroom?
7. to side with; to belong to
- つ 。
- He sided with the opposition group in the argument.
8. to possess; to hauntSee also 憑く
9. to be lit; to catch fire; to ignite; to be turned on (of a light, appliance, etc.)See also 点く
- つ 。
- The TV won't turn on.
10. to be settled; to be resolved; to be decided
11. to be given (of a name, price, etc.)
12. to be sensed; to be perceived
13. to be luckyfrom 運がつく
14. to become (a state, condition, etc.)See also 付く づく, after -masu stems, onomatopoeic and mimetic words