Words — 59 found
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. torii; Shinto shrine archway
2. ToriiA torii is a traditional Japanese gate most commonly foun... Read more
1. chicken meat
- I'd like three pounds of chicken.
2. fowl; poultry; bird meatOnly applies to 鳥肉, Only applies to とり肉
3. Chicken (food)Chicken is the most common type of poultry in the world, ... Read more
鳥肉 【とりにく】、とり肉 【とりにく】、鶏肉 【けいにく】、鳥肉 【ちょうにく】
2. BirdcageFor the film, see The Birdcage; for the Maserati race car... Read more
鳥籠 【とりかご】、鳥篭 【とりかご】、鳥カゴ 【とりカゴ】
1. chicken skin (e.g. in cooking)Obscure term, esp. とりかわ
- I suddenly got a craving to eat some crisp roast chicken skin.
2. bird skinsesp. ちょうひ
1. gooseflesh; goose pimples; goose bumps
2. Goose bumpsGoose bumps, also called goose flesh, goose pimples, stil... Read more
鶏肌: Irregular kanji usage.
1. aconite (esp. species Aconitum japonicum); wolfsbane; monkshoodUsually written using kana alone
2. traditional bugaku hat
4. AconitumAconitum, known as aconite, monkshood, wolf's bane, leopa... Read more
鳥甲 【とりかぶと】、鳥頭 【とりかぶと】、トリカブト
鳥頭: Irregular kanji usage.
2. BirdlimeBirdlime is an adhesive substance used in trapping birds.... Read more
1. driving off birds
2. procession held at the New Year to chase away the birds for the year, with children singing songs as the villagers walked from house to house
3. female street musician who wore a braided hat and carried a shamisen
4. street entertainer who appeared on New Year's eve and performed with a fan
1. keeping a bird as a pet; aviculture; person who keeps a bird as a pet; aviculturist; bird breeder
1. right-angled loop (used in plumbing); right-angled expansion pipe; torii-shaped piping