Words — 8 found
1. to tie; to fasten; to tightenAntonym: 緩める
- You must fasten your seat belts during take-off.
2. to wear (necktie, belt); to put on
3. to total; to sumSee also 〆る しめる
4. to be strict withSee also 緊める しめる
5. to economize; to economise; to cut down on
6. to salt; to marinate; to pickle; to make sushi adding a mixture of vinegar and salt
7. to kill (fish, poultry, etc.)
1. to close; to shut
1. to occupy; to hold
- しめ 。
- A study shows lung cancer accounts for 17% of women's cancer deaths.
2. to account for; to make up; to take up
- や 。
- Once you get the taste for gambling, it's hard to give it up.
1. to become damp; to become moist; to become wet
2. to lack energy; to be in a slump; to be in low spirits; to feel depressedOnly applies to しめる, often as 湿って or 湿った