Words — 92 found
1. to hit; to strike; to knock; to beat; to punch; to slap; to tap; to bang; to clap; to pound
- う 。
- I fell down the stairs and hit my back very hard.
2. to strike (noon, etc.); to sound (cymbals, etc.); to beat (a drum, etc.)
- It has just struck eight, hasn't it?
3. to beat (rhythmically, e.g. pulse, waves, etc.)
- う 。
- The rain whipped against the window.
4. to move; to impress; to touch
- We were awed into silence when we heard the story.
5. to drive in; to hammer in; to put in; to inject; to vaccinate
6. to type; to send; to transmit
- はや 。
- The new secretary types faster than the old one.
7. to insert; to write in; to mark
8. to make (noodles, etc.); to prepare
9. to till (soil)
10. to sprinkle; to throw; to cast
11. to do; to carry out; to play; to perform; to engage in (gambling, etc.)
- I was hitting the slots, and before I knew it, it's this time already.
12. to pay (a deposit, etc.)
13. to visit (on a pilgrimage)
14. to line (a coat)
15. to bind (a criminal)
拍つ 【うつ】、搏つ 【うつ】、撲つ 【うつ】、擣つ 【うつ】
拍つ: Rarely-used kanji form. 搏つ: Rarely-used kanji form. 撲つ: Rarely-used kanji form. 擣つ: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to shoot; to fire
- He shot at me.
Common word Links
1. depression; low spiritsUsually written using kana alone, See also 鬱病
2. luxuriant (of vegetation)Obscure term
1. beautiful; pretty; lovely; sweet; pure (heart, friendship, etc.)
愛しい: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to transcribe; to duplicate; to reproduce; to imitate; to trace
- Copy this page in your notebook.
2. to describe
3. to film; to picture; to photograph
- The picture was taken from the air.
1. to move (house); to transfer (department)
2. to change the target of interest or concern
- Why don't we stop arguing over these piddling matters and get to the issues at hand?
3. to elapse (passage of time)
4. to be permeated by a colour or scent
5. to be infected; to be contagious; to spread (as in fire)Usually written using kana alone
遷る: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to change; to swap; to substitute; to transfer
- うつ 。
- The committee adjourned to another hall.
2. to change the object of one's interest or focus
3. to spend or take time
4. to infectSee also 風邪を移す
- ほんとう ？
- Is it true that you recover from colds when you give them to someone else?
5. to permeate something with the smell or colour of something
6. to move on to the next or different stage of (a plan, etc.)See also 実行に移す
- To know is one thing, and to do is another.
1. to be photographed; to be projected
1. to be reflected; to harmonize with (harmonise); to come out (photo); to be projected; to be displayed (on a screen)
1. to project; to reflect; to cast (shadow)
1. bowl; vessel; container
- The container may be the best in Japan, but if the contents are third class, then isn't it completely meaningless?
2. ability; capacity; calibre; caliber
- He has the capacity to be a future leader of the nation.
1. to project; to showesp. 映し...
2. to portray; to depict; to describe; to reflectesp. 写し...
写し出す 【うつしだす】、映しだす 【うつしだす】、写しだす 【うつしだす】、うつし出す 【うつしだす】
JLPT N1 Links
1. cavity; hollow; void
2. hollow (voice, smile, etc.); blank (eyes, look, etc.); vacant (expression, stare, etc.); empty (words, heart, etc.)Only applies to 虚ろ, Only applies to 空ろ
空ろ 【うつろ】、洞ろ 【うつろ】、洞 【うつろ】
1. to hang one's head; to look down; to cast one's eyes downwardUsually written using kana alone
うつ向く 【うつむく】、俯向く 【うつむく】
俯向く: Irregular kanji usage.
1. projection; reflection; image; reception (e.g. TV); picture qualityesp. 写り
2. match; harmonyesp.映り