Words — 23209 found
2. -ous (indicating a low oxidation state); -iteChemistry
3. AsiaAbbreviation, See also 亜細亜 アジア
4. ArgentinaAbbreviation, See also 亜爾然丁 アルゼンチン
5. ArabiaAbbreviation, See also 亜剌比亜 アラビア
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. that; that thingUsually written using kana alone, See also これ, See also それ, See also どれ, indicating something distant from both speaker and listener (in space, time or psychologically), or something understood without naming it directly
- That is the main street of this city.
2. that personUsually written using kana alone, used to refer to one's equals or inferiors
- だいじょうぶ ！
- Yeah, she must be the sure thing!
3. then; that timeUsually written using kana alone
- そうい 、
- Now that you mention it, it's been more than 30 years since then.
4. that place (over there)Usually written using kana alone
5. down there (i.e. one's genitals)Colloquialism, esp. アレ
- Down there hurts, down there. Er, what do you call them? Testicles? In any case a male's 'important parts'.
6. period; mensesColloquialism, esp. アレ
彼れ 【あれ】、彼 【あ】、アレ
彼: Rarely-used kanji form. 彼れ: Rarely-used kanji form. あ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 彼: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. red; crimson; scarlet
- Don't cross the road while the signal is red.
2. red-containing colour (e.g. brown, pink, orange)
3. Red (i.e. communist)Colloquialism, often written as アカ
- It's only the anti-war pinkos who say things like Saddam isn't a threat.
4. red light (traffic)Abbreviation, See also 赤信号
6. complete; total; perfect; obviousSee also 赤の他人
7. copperAbbreviation, Only applies to 赤, See also 銅 あかがね
8. red 5-point cardHanafuda, Abbreviation, See also あかたん
10. RedRed is any of a number of similar colors evoked by light ... Read more
紅 【あか】、朱 【あか】、緋 【あか】
緋: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. to raise; to elevateSee also 手を挙げる
- くだ 。
- If you have a question, please raise your right hand.
2. to do up (one's hair)See also 髪を上げる
- I also prefer it with the hair worn up.
3. to fly (a kite, etc.); to launch (fireworks, etc.); to surface (a submarine, etc.)
- The fireworks were set off on all sides.
4. to land (a boat)
- They drew the boat on the beach.
5. to deep-fryOnly applies to 揚げる
- あげ 。
- This chicken is fried well.
6. to show someone (into a room)
7. to givePolite (teineigo) language, Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to 上げる
- Do you sometimes give your sister money?
8. to send someone (away)
9. to enrol (one's child in school); to enroll
10. to increase (price, quality, status, etc.); to develop (talent, skill); to improve
- あ 。
- The store raised all the prices.
11. to make (a loud sound); to raise (one's voice)See also 声を上げる
- い 。
- He cried out and ran away.
12. to earn (something desirable)
- あ 。
- He got wonderful results.
13. to praise
14. to give (an example, etc.); to citeusu. 挙げる
- きしゃ ：
- Reporter: Can you give me an example?
15. to summon up (all of one's energy, etc.)usu. 挙げる
- Fight with all your might.
16. to arrestOnly applies to 挙げる
17. to nominateOnly applies to 挙げる
- あ 。
- I put Paul's name forward as a possible candidate.
18. to summon (for geishas, etc.)Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to 揚げる
19. to offer up (incense, a prayer, etc.) to the gods (or Buddha, etc.)Only applies to 上げる
20. to bear (a child)
21. to conduct (a ceremony, esp. a wedding)usu. 挙げる
- あ 。
- I held a wedding ceremony last month.
22. (of the tide) to come in
23. to vomit
24. to do for (the sake of someone else)Usually written using kana alone, Polite (teineigo) language, after the -te form of a verb
- I will show you how to solve it.
25. to complete ...See also 作り上げる, after the -masu stem of a verb
26. to humbly do ...Humble (kenjougo) language, See also 申し上げる, after the -masu stem of a humble verb to increase the level of humility
27. Deep fryingDeep frying is a cooking method in which food is submerge... Read more
挙げる 【あげる】、揚げる 【あげる】
1. foot; paw; arm (of an octopus, squid, etc.)esp. 足
- My foot's asleep again!
2. legesp. 脚,肢
- This drawing is less than great. He needs to do something with the line here at the back of the leg.
5. bottom structural component (i.e. radical) of a kanjiusu. 脚
6. means of transportationOnly applies to 足
7. money; coinArchaism, See also お足
8. FootThe foot (plural feet) is an anatomical structure found i... Read more
脚 【あし】、肢 【あし】
2. breakfastOnly applies to あさ
3. next morningArchaism, Only applies to 朝, Only applies to あした
4. MorningThe word morning originally referred to the sunrise but t... Read more
朝 【あした】、晨 【あした】
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. blue; azure
2. greenmostly in compound words and in ref. to fruits, plants and traffic lights
3. green light (traffic)Abbreviation, See also 青信号
4. black (horse coat color)See also 青毛
5. blue 5-point cardHanafuda, Abbreviation, See also あおたん
6. immature; unripe; young
7. BlueBlue is a colour, the perception of which is evoked by li... Read more
蒼 【あお】、碧 【あお】
- Alice has a flower in her hair.
2. hair (on one's head)
- わたし 、ケン
- やさ 、
- I'm going with Ken. He is cool, gentle and smart. What's more, he is single!
3. mind; brains; intellectOnly applies to あたま
4. leader; chief; boss; captain
5. top; tip
6. beginning; start
- ぬす 。
- Tom had his car stolen early last week.
7. head; personOnly applies to あたま, See also 頭数
8. down payment; depositAbbreviation, Only applies to あたま, See also 頭金
9. top structural component of a kanjiOnly applies to かしら
10. pairMahjong, Colloquialism, Only applies to あたま, See also 雀頭 ジャントー
11. NeckThe neck is the part of the body, on many terrestrial or ... Read more
1. baby; infant
2. InfantAn infant (from the Latin word infans, meaning "unable to... Read more
- Did you go abroad for pleasure or on business?
2. play (margin between on and off, gap before pressing button or lever has an effect)Usually written using kana alone
3. Play (activity)Play is a term employed in psychology and ethology to des... Read more
1. merchant; trader; tradesman; dealer; shopkeeper
3. MerchantA merchant is a businessperson who trades in commodities ... Read more
商人 【あきんど】、商人 【あきうど】、商人 【あきゅうど】、商人 【あきびと】
あきうど: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. あきゅうど: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. あきびと: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. older sister; elder sister
1. storm; tempest
2. uproar; hullabaloo; storm (e.g. of protest); winds (e.g. of change)Idiomatic expression
3. StormA storm (Proto-Germanic *sturmaz "noise, tumult") is any ... Read more
1. sign; signal; cue
2. Phase diagramA phase diagram in physical chemistry, engineering, miner... Read more
相図: Rarely-used kanji form.
2. reconciliation; joining hands; cooperation
3. HandshakeA handshake is a short ritual in which two people grasp o... Read more