Words — 32 found
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. (dragging a large or heavy item) slowlyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. (falling) little by little; (slipping) gradually; (drawing back) slowly; with a slitherOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- すべりお 。
- I slithered down the muddy slope.
3. on and on; while putting off; slovenly; interminablyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- はげ 、
- Encouraged by the continuing trickle of hits and the rarely arriving email I've somehow kept going till now.
4. with a slurp; with a sniffleOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
5. loose; lax; inconclusive; unresolvedOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
づるづる: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. drip; fall drop-by-dropOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. suddenly (of drops of water)
1. disco dancing with synchronized arm motions
2. falling in (large) drops (e.g. rain, hail); sprinkle (e.g. rain, salt); pattering; clattering (e.g. hail)Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
3. flipping through a book; thumbing through a book; riffling cardsOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
4. sparse; scattered (e.g. clumps of grass)Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
5. crumbly (e.g. tofu, cheese, non-sticky rice); loose and falling apartOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
7. Para Parais a synchronized group dance that originated in Japan. U... Read more
1. to feel anxious; to feel nervous; to be kept in suspense; to feel excited; to feel thrilledOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- ま 。
- I have been waiting for the results with anxiety.
2. fluttering down; trickling down (e.g. tears)Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
3. hanging untidily (of hair); stragglingOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. falling into a doze; dozing off; nodding offOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. worn-out; ragged; tattered; battered; scruffyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- Smoking does damage your lungs.
2. crumbling; dry and crumblyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
3. falling (in drops or clumps); scatteringOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
4. (physically or mentally) worn-out; exhaustedOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
5. (coming to light) one after anotherOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. falling lightly (e.g. snow, petals, confetti); flutteringOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. flickering; twinkling; glimmering; sparkling; dazzlingOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
3. appearing and disappearing; catching glimpsesOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
4. glancing (repeatedly)Onomatopoeic or mimetic word, See also ちらっと
5. (hear, see) from time to time; intermittentlyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. isolated; standing aloneOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, ぽっつり is emphatic
2. falling in drops (e.g. rain)Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
3. saying a single word; muttering just a few wordsOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. loudly (flinging open a door); with a clatter; with a rattleOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- ほんとう 、
- It's such a nice change.
2. with a crash (e.g. of a falling structure)Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
3. completely (change); utterly; totally; suddenlyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
4. louvre window (door, vent, etc.)
1. madly in loveOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- むちゅう 、
- I'm stuck on you - really far gone.
2. falling down drunk
1. crash; smash; bang; sound of a large, heavy object fallingOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
どうど: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. sound of a heavy object fallingOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, See also どしん
1. by ones and twosOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
3. gurgling bird soundOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
4. falling apart; crumbling; melting (in one's mouth)Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
5. dish made from fiveleaf aralia sprouts, pickled daikon, walnuts, etc.Food term
1. falling down; lacking the energy to stand; collapsingOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. cool; collectedOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. expression of disappointment (e.g. falling "wuh-wuh-wuh" sound in TV shows, etc.)Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. falling asleep immediately; going out like a lightOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, Colloquialism, See also バタン
1. falling with a splat; oozing; drippingOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, ぼったり is more emphatic
1. easily; effortlessly; suddenly; utterlyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. changing completely
3. plink (sound of something light falling or rolling)