Words — 3440 found
1. Emperor of Japan
3. Emperor of JapanThe Emperor of Japan is "the symbol of the state and of t... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. good; excellent; fine; nice; pleasant; agreeableSee also いい, also いい (all senses)
2. sufficient; enough; ready; preparedSee also いい
3. profitable (deal, business offer, etc.); beneficialSee also いい
4. OK; all right; fine; no problemSee also いい, as て(も)良い, と(も)良い, etc.; indicates permission or compromise
良い 【えい】、善い 【よい】、善い 【えい】、好い 【よい】、好い 【えい】、佳い 【よい】、佳い 【えい】、吉い 【よい】、吉い 【えい】、宜い 【よい】、宜い 【えい】
えい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. えい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. えい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. えい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. えい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 宜い: Irregular kanji usage. えい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 宜い: Irregular kanji usage.
1. thisUsually written using kana alone, See also その, See also あの, See also どの, something or someone close to the speaker (including the speaker), or ideas expressed by the speaker
- み 。
- I filled this glass with milk.
2. last (couple of years, etc.); these; past; thisUsually written using kana alone, in ref. to a stretch of time or date
- か 。
- During these years he wrote immortal poems.
3. you (as in "you liar")Usually written using kana alone, emphatic, accusatory, insulting
1. whoだあれ is emphatic or inquisitive
誰 【だあれ】、誰 【たれ】、誰 【た】
たれ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. た: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. to make; to produce; to manufacture; to build; to construct造る usu. for large-scale building, manufacturing, etc.; 創る usu. for creating
- つく 。
- Wherever he may go, he is sure to make friends.
2. to prepare (food); to brew (alcohol)
- つく 。
- You can't make an omelet without breaking eggs.
3. to raise; to grow; to cultivate; to trainSee also 野菜を作る
- It's much cheaper to live on grains and vegetables you can grow in your garden.
4. to till
5. to draw up (a document); to make out; to prepare; to write
- You should try to produce grammatical sentences.
6. to create (an artistic work, etc.); to compose
- つく 、
- Desktop publishing lets you produce books quickly and cheaply. It's like killing two birds with one stone.
7. to coin (a phrase); to organize; to organise; to establish; to found
8. to have (a child)
9. to make up (one's face, etc.)
10. to fabricate (an excuse, etc.)
11. to give a (false) appearance; to feign (a smile, etc.); to put on a show of emotion
12. to form (a line, etc.)
- おも 。
- I insist that exceptions not be made.
13. to set (a record)
14. to commit (a sin, etc.)
造る 【つくる】、創る 【つくる】
1. youUsually written using kana alone, trad. polite in ref. to someone of equal or lower status, now oft. regarded as rude or distant
- If you get enough rest every night, you'll feel much better.
2. dear; honeyFamiliar language, Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to 貴方, Only applies to 貴男, used by wives addressing their husbands
- Don't go, dears.
貴女 【あなた】、貴男 【あなた】
1. to go; to move (in a direction or towards a specific location); to head (towards); to be transported (towards); to reachSee also 来る くる
- おかあ 、
- Can I go swimming, Mother?
2. to proceed; to take placeSee also 旨く行く, い sometimes omitted in auxiliary use
- We'll have to try and make the best of it.
3. to pass through; to come and go
- These rules have been and always will be observed.
4. to walk
5. to die; to pass awayOnly applies to 逝く
6. to do (in a specific way)
7. to stream; to flow
8. to continueUsually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb
9. to have an orgasm; to come; to cumUsually written using kana alone
10. to trip; to get high; to have a drug-induced hallucinationUsually written using kana alone, Slang
行く 【ゆく】、逝く 【いく】、逝く 【ゆく】、往く 【いく】、往く 【ゆく】
往く: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 往く: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. to end; to come to an end; to close; to finish
終る 【おわる】、了わる 【おわる】、卒わる 【おわる】、畢わる 【おわる】、竟わる 【おわる】、了る 【おわる】、卒る 【おわる】、畢る 【おわる】、竟る 【おわる】
1. remainder; remnant; rest; balance; surplus; remains (of a meal); leftoversUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to あまり
- Gyoza stuffing? I made some gyoza at home but, possibly because I didn't have enough dough, I had some of the filling left over.
2. (not) very; (not) muchUsually written using kana alone, with neg. sentence
- It's not worth much.
4. extreme; great; severe; tremendous; terrible
- We were entranced by the fabulous suite.
5. more than; overOnly applies to あまり
- I lived for more than a month in Nagoya.
余り 【あんまり】、餘り 【あまり】、餘り 【あんまり】
餘り: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 餘り: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. interesting; fascinating; intriguing; enthralling
- の 。
- There is nothing interesting in the newspaper.
2. amusing; funny; comical
- This is the funniest book in my reading.
3. enjoyable; fun; entertaining; pleasant; agreeable
- おもしろ 。
- Watching wild birds is great fun.
4. good; satisfactory; favourable; desirable; encouragingusu. in the negative
1. bodySee also 身体 しんたい, からだ is a gikun reading of 身体
- The chameleon can take on the colors of its background.
2. torso; trunk
- きた 、
- If he had trained himself harder at that time, he would be healthier now.
3. build; physique; frame; figure
4. health; constitution
5. corpse; dead bodyArchaism
身体 【からだ】、躰 【からだ】、躯 【からだ】
1. younger brother; little brother; kid brother
- とりちが 。
- He mistook me for my younger brother.
2. brother-in-law (spouse's younger brother or younger sister's husband)Only applies to おとうと, See also 義弟
3. pupil; apprenticeArchaism, Only applies to てい
1. end; finish; stop
- His curiosity knew no bounds.
- I'll help you to the best of my ability.
3. delivery date (of a futures contract)esp. 限り,限
- Akira will stay in New York while his money lasts.
4. finale (of a noh song); end of an act (in jōruri or kabuki); final performance of the day (in vaudeville)
- かぎ 、
- You may take this book as long as you keep it clean.
5. counter for slices (esp. thick slices); counter for cuts (e.g. fish, meat)
- You will fail unless you work harder.
6. only; justUsually written using kana alone, See also っ切り っきり, senses 6-8 are sometimes pronounced ぎり, esp. in old-fashioned speech
7. since; afterUsually written using kana alone, usu. in a negative sentence
- かえ 。
- He went there, never to return.
8. remaining (in a particular state)Usually written using kana alone
- Though 38, he is still dependent on his parents.
限り 【きり】、切 【きり】、限 【きり】
切: Irregular okurigana usage. 限: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. spare time; free time; leisure
- "Oh? If you're free get the cleaning done." "What's up with that? Don't order your brother around!"
2. time (e.g. time it takes to do something)Only applies to ひま, Only applies to ヒマ
3. time off; day off; vacation; holiday; leave
4. quitting (one's job); firing someone; divorcing (one's spouse)
5. (being) inactive; (of one's business) slowOnly applies to ひま, Only applies to ヒマ
6. leaving; departingOnly applies to いとま, See also 御暇
閑 【ひま】、暇 【いとま】、遑 【いとま】、ヒマ
1. light; well-lit; well-lighted
- ひか 。
- The diamond shone brightly.
2. bright (of a colour); brightly-coloured; brightly-colored
- めをひ 。
- The bright colors arrested our eyes.
3. cheerful; bright; spirited; sunny (e.g. disposition)
- The child captivates everyone with his sunny smile.
4. encouraging (for the future of a project, etc.); promising; of fair prospects
5. familiar (with); knowledgeable (about); well versed (in)as 〜に明るい
- You're pretty good with the lay of the land.
6. fair (e.g. politics); clean; impartial
明い: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. beginning; start; outset; opening
2. first (in line, etc.)esp. 初め
3. originesp. 始め
4. such as ...; not to mention ...Usually written using kana alone, esp. 始め; as 〜を始め, 〜を始めとして, etc.
- せかい １５
- まな 。
- At this language centre, about 15 international languages are taught, including English.
1. three; 3参 is used in legal documents
三 【み】、３ 【さん】、３ 【み】、参 【さん】、参 【み】、弎 【さん】、弎 【み】