Words — 177 found
1. to assume the posture of praying; to press the palms and fingers of both hands together; to do reverence (e.g. before a statue of the Buddha); to pay one's respects
2. to beg; to make a supplication
3. to see (something or someone of high status)Humble (kenjougo), sometimes used sarcastically in modern Japanese
1. pleaseHumble (kenjougo)
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. please; kindly; I beg of you; if it pleases youHumble (kenjougo), See also どうぞ
- I may not have much to offer in the way of learning or ability, but I want to do whatever I can for us all and humbly ask for your favor.
2. by all means; without failSee also どうぞ
何とぞ 【なにとぞ】、何卒 【なにそつ】
なにそつ: Irregular kana usage.
1. this (indicating an item near the speaker, the action of the speaker, or the current topic)Usually written using kana alone, See also 何れ, See also 其れ, See also 彼 あれ
- This is a very small book.
2. this person (usu. indicating someone in one's in-group)Humble (kenjougo)
- This is my brother. Handsome, isn't he?
- いま 、
- ひこうき ８
- の 、
- また ２
- I'm in transit between flights now. I've spent 8 hours on a plane so far, after changing planes now it's another two hours.
5. I (me)Archaism
是 【これ】、是れ 【これ】、之 【これ】、之れ 【これ】、維 【これ】、惟 【これ】
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. (my) wifeHumble (kenjougo), Only applies to かない
- My wife often rings me up, while she travels abroad.
2. inside the home; one's family
やうち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word Links
1. inferior goods; low-quality article
2. trifling giftHumble (kenjougo), Only applies to 粗品
- This is just a small gift, but please accept it.
3. gift given out by companies to customers as a token of gratitude; marketing incentiveOnly applies to 粗品
4. Promotional merchandisePromotional merchandise, promotional items, promotional p... Read more
粗品 【そひん】、麁品 【そしな】、麁品 【そひん】
麁品: Out-dated kanji. 麁品: Out-dated kanji.
1. to be (animate); to be; to existUsually written using kana alone, Humble (kenjougo)
- This was he of whom I said, "He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me."
2. to be ..ingafter the -te form of a verb; indicates continuing action or state
- They're all fine, thank you.
3. to (have the audacity to) doSee also やがる, after -masu base of verb; indicates contempt or disdain for another's actions
1. fatherHumble (kenjougo), See also 母 はは, とと and ちゃん are used by children
父 【とと】、父 【ちゃん】、父 【てて】、父 【かぞ】、父 【かそ】、父 【しし】、父 【あて】
てて: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. かぞ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. かそ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. しし: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. あて: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. motherHumble (kenjougo), See also 父, かか was used by children
母 【はわ】、母 【かか】、母 【おも】、母 【いろは】、母 【あも】
はわ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. かか: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. おも: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. いろは: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. あも: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. oneself (itself, etc.)Archaism
- You must not judge others by yourself.
2. I; meHumble (kenjougo)
4. by oneself (itself, etc.)
5. interjection expressing anger or chagrin
1. foolishness; silliness; stupidity; folly
- Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
2. I; meArchaism, Humble (kenjougo)
1. to be given; to be granted; to be honored with; to be honoured withHumble (kenjougo)
2. to give; to bestow; to confer; to honor; to honourHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
賜わる 【たまわる】、給わる 【たまわる】
1. to be able to receive; to be able to take; to be able to acceptHumble (kenjougo), Usually written using kana alone, See also 貰える
- When will you give me your answer?
2. to be able to eat; to be able to drinkHumble (kenjougo), Usually written using kana alone, See also 頂く
3. to be acceptable; to be satisfactoryUsually written using kana alone, See also 頂けない いただけない
1. short article; short essay
2. (one's own) article or essayHumble (kenjougo)
1. we; usHumble (kenjougo)
- We have two daughters.
2. I; me; my store (business, etc.)
- しちがつ ２２
- With regard to your letter of July 22nd, I enclose our most recent catalogue.
私ども 【わたしども】、私共 【わたくしども】、私共 【わたしども】、私供 【わたくしども】、私供 【わたしども】
私供: Irregular kanji usage. 私供: Irregular kanji usage.
1. poor piece of writing
2. my poor writingHumble (kenjougo)
- Thank you for looking at my poor scribblings.