Words — 77 found
JLPT N2 Links
1. uncleHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Familiar language, Usually written using kana alone, 伯父さん is older than one's parent and 叔父さん is younger
2. old man; misterFamiliar language, Usually written using kana alone, usu. 小父さん or おじさん; vocative
3. manybar goatfish (Parupeneus multifasciatus)Usually written using kana alone, usu. オジサン
4. Parupeneus multifasciatusParupeneus multifasciatus is a Goatfish from the Pacific ... Read more
叔父さん 【おじさん】、小父さん 【おじさん】、オジサン
1. familiar form of "older brother"Familiar language
- "Talking about 108, that's the number of worldly passions." "What worldly passions have you got then?" "I could say, but it'll get censored out."
2. form of address for young adult male; misterFamiliar language
- Mummy, that man just fell flat on his face!
1. familiar form of "older sister"Familiar language, See also お姉さん
- I have to wrap my sister's dinner in clingfilm.
2. form of address for young adult femaleFamiliar language
- おにい 、
- つな 、
- Mama! That lady and man are holding hands, they're great friends aren't they!
1. old lady; ma'amFamiliar language, Usually written using kana alone, vocative; usu. used with suffix さん or 様
1. mum; mom; mummy; mommyChildren's language, See also お母ちゃん
2. the missusFamiliar language
1. head (of a household, etc.); leader; master
2. owner; proprietor; proprietress
3. subject (of a rumour, etc.); doer (of a deed)
4. guardian spirit (e.g. long-resident beast, usu. with mystical powers); long-time resident (or employee, etc.)
6. youFamiliar language, See also おぬし
1. look here; I say; well; I know what; I'll tell you what; just a minute; hold onFamiliar language, Female term or language
1. middle-aged manAbbreviation, Derogatory, Familiar language
- Hey, pops! What are you doing!
2. Buddhist priestAbbreviation, Familiar language
1. hey; say; lookFamiliar language, used to get someone's attention or press one's point
1. Buddhist priest; bonze
2. close-cropped hair; crew cut; person with a shorn head
3. boy; sonny; ladFamiliar language, Derogatory
4. not catching anything (in fishing)See also お凸 おでこ
房主: Out-dated kanji.
1. I can tell youMale term or language, Familiar language, used at sentence end; adds light force or emphasis to a sentence
2. hehMale term or language, at sentence end; used to make a sentence threating or ironic
1. used after the name of someone who is an older sister figureFamiliar language, See also 兄 にい
- ねえ 」「
- "Ah, y-yes ... Sorry, Coz." "Hey! You might be my relative but here I'm your senior and a doctor. Keep things straight while you're in the hospital!"
2. used with various honorifics to mean (older) sisterSee also お姉さん
1. bang; bam; boom; thud; thump; crashOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. noontime signal gun (early Meiji to early Showa); noontime signal shot
3. precisely; exactly; plumb; totally; verySee also ど
- The speaker banged the table with his fist.
4. Mr.; Mrs.; Miss; Ms.; -sanHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Familiar language, Only applies to どん, See also 殿 どの, southern Kyushu equiv. of -さん
1. mountainHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Polite (teineigo), Familiar language, See also 山 やま
御山 【おやま】、御山 【みやま】
みやま: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. you (referring to a male)Archaism, Familiar language, Polite (teineigo)
吾兄 【あそ】、吾兄 【ごけい】
1. old lady; ma'amFamiliar language, Usually written using kana alone, vocative