Words — 5488 found
1. fairness; impartiality; justice; objectivity
2. ImpartialityImpartiality (also called evenhandedness or fair-mindedne... Read more
1. cash; ready money; money on hand; currency
2. mercenary; self-interested; calculating
3. CashIn common language cash refers to money in the physical f... Read more
1. eternity; perpetuity; permanence; immortality
2. EternityEternity (or forever) is a concept of endless time. It is... Read more
1. adventure; venture
2. venture which is unlikely to succeed; risky attempt; danger; hazard; risk
3. AdventureAn adventure is defined as an exciting or unusual experie... Read more
1. reverse; opposite
- She said that her husband hit her, but in fact it was the other way around.
2. converse (of a hypothesis, etc.)
3. inverse (function)Mathematics
4. Converse (logic)In logic, the converse of a categorical or implicational ... Read more
1. teaSee also お茶
- Tea is widely grown in India.
2. tea plant (Camellia sinensis)
3. tea preparation; making teaSee also 茶道
4. brownAbbreviation, See also 茶色
- One of the cats is black, the other is brown.
5. mockeryArchaism, See also 茶化す
6. TeaTea is an aromatic beverage prepared by pouring boiling h... Read more
1. idiot; moron; foolUsually written using kana alone
2. trivial matter; folly; absurdityUsually written using kana alone
- What a piece of folly!
3. stupid; foolish; dull; absurd; ridiculousUsually written using kana alone
- き 。
- I decided not to do such a foolish thing.
4. fervent enthusiast; nut; person singularly obsessed with somethingUsually written using kana alone, usu. in compounds
5. Mactra chinensis (species of trough shell)Abbreviation, Usually written using kana alone, See also 馬鹿貝
6. Baka (fool)Baka (馬鹿, ばか, or バカ) is a frequently used Japanese word m... Read more
莫迦 【ばか】、破家 【ばか】、馬稼 【ばか】、バカ
馬鹿: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 莫迦: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 破家: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 馬稼: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. tedium; boredom; dullness
2. to feel bored; to get bored with; to get tired of
3. BoredomBoredom is an emotional state experienced when an individ... Read more
怠屈: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. vast; huge; immense; enormous; colossal
2. malva nut (Sterculia lychnophora)
3. Sterculia lychnophoraSterculia lychnophora Hance (Malva nut tree or Taiwan swe... Read more
1. very; greatly; terribly; awfully
- つか 。
- I am dead tired from walking around all day.
2. immense; enormous; great
- おも 。
- At the risk of sticking my neck out, I think that if we do that, we're making a big, big mistake.
3. serious; grave; dreadful; terrible
- There will be hell to pay if I don't make this deadline.
4. difficult; hard
5. major incident; disasterArchaism
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. remainder; remnant; rest; balance; surplus; remains (of a meal); leftoversUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to あまり
- Gyoza stuffing? I made some gyoza at home but, possibly because I didn't have enough dough, I had some of the filling left over.
2. (not) very; (not) muchUsually written using kana alone, with neg. sentence
- It's not worth much.
4. extreme; great; severe; tremendous; terrible
- We were entranced by the fabulous suite.
5. more than; overOnly applies to あまり
- I lived for more than a month in Nagoya.
余り 【あんまり】、餘り 【あまり】、餘り 【あんまり】
餘り: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 餘り: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. truth; reality; actuality; fact
2. proper; right; correct; official
3. genuine; authentic; real; natural; veritable
本当 【ほんと】、本當 【ほんとう】、本當 【ほんと】、ホント、ホントー、ホントウ
ほんと: Irregular kana usage. 本當: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. ほんと: Irregular kana usage. 本當: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. ホント: Irregular kana usage.
1. skillful; skilled; proficient; good (at); adept; cleverAntonym: 下手 へた
- Do you play basketball well?
上手 【じょうて】、上手 【じょうしゅ】
じょうて: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. じょうしゅ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
- This is a very famous haiku by Basho.
1. lively; full of spirit; energetic; vigorous; vital; spirited
2. healthy; well; fit; in good health
1. quiet; silent
2. slow; unhurried
3. calm; peaceful
1. important; significant; serious; crucial
2. precious; valuable; dear; cherished; beloved
3. carefulSee also 大切に, usu. adverbially as ～に
たいせち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.