1. to see; to look; to watch; to view; to observe
- Let's begin with the fifth line on page 10.
2. to look over; to look on; to assess; to examine; to judgeSee also 診る
- My head is swimming, so I'll try writing any-old stuff without any deep thought.
3. to look after; to keep an eye on; to take care ofUsually written using kana alone, See also 看る
- I can't look after my parents and such either.
4. to view (e.g. flowers, movie)usu. 観る
- い ？
- Would you like to take in a movie?
5. to try; to try out; to testUsually written using kana alone, usu. after a conative verb as 〜てみる
- May I put it on again?
6. to see that...; to find that...Usually written using kana alone, usu. after an aconative verb as 〜てみると, 〜てみれば, 〜てみたら, etc.
観る 【みる】、視る 【みる】
Log in to talk about this word.