1. noisy; loudUsually written using kana alone
- It's noisy next door.
2. annoying; troublesome; tiresome; persistent; importunateUsually written using kana alone
- She is particular about what she wears.
3. fussy; finicky; picky; particular; nagging; fastidious; bossyUsually written using kana alone
- What a nuisance that child is!
4. shut up!; be quiet!Usually written using kana alone
五月蝿い 【うるさい】、五月蠅い 【うるさい】、煩さい 【うるさい】、ウルサイ
五月蝿い: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 五月蠅い: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 煩さい: Irregular okurigana usage.
Log in to talk about this word.