Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. remainder; rest; balance; remains; scraps; residue; remnantUsually written using kana alone
- Gyoza stuffing? I made some gyoza at home but, possibly because I didn't have enough dough, I had some of the filling left over.
2. not very (with negative sentence); not muchUsually written using kana alone
- It's not worth much.
3. surplus; excess; fullness; too muchUsually written using kana alone, See also の余り のあまり
- はたら 。
- It is too hot to work.
4. more than; over
- We were entranced by the fabulous suite.
余り 【あんまり】、餘り 【あまり】、餘り 【あんまり】
餘り: Out-dated kanji. 餘り: Out-dated kanji.
Log in to talk about this word.