Words — 95 found
1. to fish; to angle; to catch
2. to lure in; to tempt; to attract; to entice; to allureSee also 釣られる
1. to hang; to suspend (something from something); to be hanged (by the neck)
2. to hoist an opponent off of his feet by his loinclothSumo term
1. crane (any bird of the family Gruidae, esp. the red-crowned crane, Grus japonensis)
- Cranes are big beautiful birds.
2. Crane (bird)Cranes are a family, Gruidae, of large, long-legged and l... Read more
鶴 【たず】、田鶴 【たず】、ツル
Common word Links
2. string (of shamisen, guitar, violin, etc.)
3. bail (arched pot handle)esp. 鉉
4. diagonal levelling wire across the top of a masuSee also 枡, also written as 梁
絃 【つる】、鉉 【つる】
1. to cramp; to be cramped; to contractUsually written using kana alone
- I feel the tension in my neck, where it gets sore and stiff.
痙る: Out-dated kanji.
1. to hang; to hang up
- He hung a lamp from the ceiling.
1. sword (originally esp. a doubled-edged sword); sabre; saber; blade
- ほろ 。
- All who take up the sword will perish by the sword.
2. bayonetOnly applies to けん
3. swordsmanshipOnly applies to けん
4. stinger; ovipositor; dartOnly applies to けん
5. SwordA sword is a bladed weapon (edged weapon) used primarily ... Read more
剣 【つるぎ】、劒 【けん】、劒 【つるぎ】、劍 【けん】、劍 【つるぎ】
劒: Out-dated kanji. 劒: Out-dated kanji. 劍: Out-dated kanji. 劍: Out-dated kanji.
1. sinking quickly
- It's getting dark early around here. The sun seems to drop like a rock when autumn rolls around.
2. Tsurube-otoshiTsurube-otoshi (釣瓶おとし) is a creature from Japanese folklo... Read more
1. hung up; hoist
2. denounced; severely criticised; kangaroo court
- く 。
- I was tried in a kangaroo court.
3. Kangaroo courtA kangaroo court is "a mock court in which the principles... Read more
吊し上げ 【つるしあげ】、吊るし上げ 【つるしあげ】、つるし上げ 【つるしあげ】
Common word Links
1. slick; slippery; smooth; sleekOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. slurping (noodles)Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. Celastrus orbiculatusUsually written using kana alone
2. Celastrus orbiculatusCelastrus orbiculatus is a woody vine native to East Asia... Read more
1. creeper (creeping plant); trailer (trailing plant); climber (climbing plant); vine
2. VineA vine (Latin vīnea "grapevine", "vineyard", from vīnum "... Read more
1. bitter melon (Momordica charantia); bitter gourdUsually written using kana alone
2. Bitter melonMomordica charantia, called bitter melon, bitter gourd or... Read more
1. Grus (constellation); the CraneAstronomy, etc. term
2. Grus (constellation)Grus is a constellation in the southern sky. Its name is ... Read more
1. Scilla scilloides (species of squill)Usually written using kana alone
1. obtaining the respective numbers of cranes and tortoises from the total of their heads and legs; calculating the values of two unknown quantities from their unit total and the total of one of their attributes