Words — 57 found
1. to spread; to extend; to expand; to enlarge; to widen; to broadenOnly applies to 広げる, Only applies to 拡げる
2. to unfold; to open; to unroll; to unwrap
3. to scatter about; to spread aroundOnly applies to 広げる, Only applies to 拡げる
4. to make flourish; to cause to prosperOnly applies to 広げる, Only applies to 拡げる
拡げる 【ひろげる】、展げる 【ひろげる】
1. to spread; to propagate; to popularize; to disseminate
- ひろ 。
- They spread the Gospel all over the world.
2. to broaden; to extend; to widen; to enlarge
- ひろ 。
- Travel broadens one's horizons.
1. to spread; to be propagated
1. to spread (out); to extend; to stretch; to reach to; to get around; to fill (e.g. a space)
1. to run (of liquid); to spreadUsually written using kana alone
2. to blur; to blot; to be blurredUsually written using kana alone
3. to ooze; to well up (of tears, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
4. to show through (of feelings, emotions, etc.); to reveal itselfUsually written using kana alone
1. to stick; to paste; to affixesp. 貼る
- Attach a recent photograph to your application form.
2. to stretch; to spread; to strain; to tighten; to put up (tent)
- Have you ever seen a spider spinning its web?
3. to form (e.g. ice on a pond)
- は 。
- There was thin ice on the lake.
4. to fill; to swell
5. to stick out; to put; to slap
6. to be expensive
7. to keep a watch on; to be on the lookout
9. to span; to generateMathematics
1. to stretch; to extend; to lengthen; to spread
- This sweater is all stretched out of shape.
2. to make progress; to grow (beard, body height)
- The cat took advantage of the high grass to creep on the bird.
3. to grow stale (soba)
4. to be straightened; to be flattened; to be smoothed
5. to be exhausted
6. to be postponed; to be prolongedOnly applies to 延びる
- The meeting has been put off until next week.
1. to paint; to plaster; to lacquer; to varnish; to spread; to smear; to put up (wallpaper)
1. to scatter; to cause a shower of
2. to disperse; to distribute; to spread
3. to resolve (a symptom, condition, etc.); to relieve; to get rid of; to cure
4. to distract; to divertSee also 気を散らす, as 気を散らす, etc.
5. to do ... wildly (i.e. disorderly or frequently); to do ... all over the placeafter the -masu stem of a verb
1. to disseminate; to scatter; to broadcast; to give money freely; to strewUsually written using kana alone
ばら蒔く 【ばらまく】、散蒔く 【ばらまく】、散播く 【ばらまく】
1. to become overgrown; to grow thickUsually written using kana alone
2. to spread; to run rampant; to thrive; to prevail; to become powerfulUsually written using kana alone
1. to scatter; to sprinkle; to strew
2. to distribute (handbills, etc.); to spread (rumours, etc.)
3. to give the slip; to throw off; to shake off; to lose
1. to stream; to flow (liquid, time, etc.); to run (ink)
- ながれ 。
- The Seine flows through Paris.
2. to be washed away; to be carried
- なが 。
- Pure water was washed away to this river as well at that time.
3. to drift; to float (e.g. clouds); to wander; to stray
4. to sweep (e.g. rumour, fire); to spread; to circulate
- なが 。
- Word got around that Jeanette and Dave were having an affair.
5. to be heard (e.g. music); to be played
- The news has just come on the radio.
6. to lapse (e.g. into indolence, despair)
7. to pass; to elapse; to be transmitted
8. to be called off; to be forfeited
9. to disappear; to be removed
10. NagareruNagareru is a 1956 Japanese film directed by Mikio Naruse... Read more
1. to spread out; to lay out
- おも 。
- I would like to purchase a wooden deck panel that can be laid on the porch.
2. to take a position
3. to impose widely (e.g. over a city)See also 法令を敷く
- During prohibition days, racketeers used to rub each other out to get control of the rum-running racket.
1. to fall (e.g. blossoms, leaves)
- By the time you get home, all the cherry blossoms will have fallen.
2. to scatter; to be dispersed
3. to disappear; to dissolve; to break up
4. to spread; to run; to blur
5. to die a noble death