Words — 236 found
1. scale; scope; plan; structure
- Our class has increased in size.
1. scale; gradations
- This ruler has the scale in millimeters.
1. scale (of fish, snake, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
2. serif (on kana or kanji (e.g. in Mincho font))Usually written using kana alone
3. Scale (anatomy)In most biological nomenclature, a scale is a small rigid... Read more
鱗 【こけ】、鱗 【こけら】、ウロコ
1. linear measure; scale
- Money is the measure of worth.
1. scale (i.e. hard water coating in a kettle, etc.); fur
- The boiler was heavily scaled.
1. device; contrivance; mechanism; gadget
2. trick; trap; calculated manipulation; gambit
3. (small) scale; half finished
4. commencement; initiation
5. set up; laying out; preparation
6. challenge; attack
1. even scale; equilibrium; balance; equalization; equalisation
- うしな 、
- ひっくりかえ 。
- He lost his balance and fell down.
2. Chemical equilibriumIn a chemical reaction, chemical equilibrium is the state... Read more
1. musical scale
- おぼ 。
- I remember singing scales every day during music lessons.
2. Musical scaleIn music, a scale is a sequence of musical notes in ascen... Read more
1. reduced scale; scaling
- しゅくしゃく 、２５
- I want a map of Texas on a scale of 1 to 250000.
2. Scale (map)The scale of a map is the ratio of a distance on the map ... Read more
1. large; large scale; big; jumboSee also 小型
- こがた ２
- Two airplanes, one large and one small, were at rest in the hangar.
1. shaku (unit of distance approximately equal to 30.3 cm)
- のぞ 。
- Give him an inch and he will take a yard.
2. rule; measure; scale
4. Shaku (unit)The shaku is a traditional unit of measure used throughou... Read more