Words — 236 found
1. scale; scope; plan; structure
- Our class has increased in size.
1. scale; gradations
- This ruler has the scale in millimeters.
1. scale (of fish)
2. serif (on kana or kanji (e.g. in Mincho font))
3. Scale (anatomy)In most biological nomenclature, a scale is a small rigid... Read more
鱗 【こけ】、鱗 【こけら】
1. linear measure; scale
- Money is the measure of worth.
1. scale (i.e. hard water coating in a kettle, etc.); fur
- The boiler was heavily scaled.
1. device; contrivance; mechanism; gadget
2. trick; trap; calculated manipulation; gambit
3. (small) scale; half finished
4. commencement; initiation
5. set up; laying out; preparation
6. challenge; attack
1. even scale; equilibrium; balance; equalization; equalisation
- うしな 、
- ひっくりかえ 。
- He lost his balance and fell down.
2. Chemical equilibriumIn a chemical reaction, chemical equilibrium is the state... Read more
1. musical scale
- おぼ 。
- I remember singing scales every day during music lessons.
2. Musical scaleIn music, a scale is a sequence of musical notes in ascen... Read more
1. reduced scale; scaling
- しゅくしゃく 、２５
- I want a map of Texas on a scale of 1 to 250000.
2. Scale (map)The scale of a map is the ratio of a distance on the map ... Read more
1. large; large scale; big; jumboSee also 小型
- こがた ２
- Two airplanes, one large and one small, were at rest in the hangar.
1. shaku (unit of distance approximately equal to 30.3 cm)
- のぞ 。
- Give him an inch and he will take a yard.
2. rule; measure; scale
4. Shaku (unit)The shaku is a traditional unit of measure used throughou... Read more