Words — 953 found
1. holiday house; villa
- The cottage was clean and tidy.
1. full house; no vacancy; sold out; standing room only; full (of people); crowded
- The bus was filled to capacity.
1. vacant house; unoccupied house
- The house is not occupied now.
空き屋 【あきや】、空家 【あきや】、明き家 【あきや】、空屋 【あきや】
1. lower house of the Diet; House of RepresentativesAbbreviation, See also 衆議院
- Under the Constitution, the lower chamber's resolutions override those of the upper chamber.
1. neighbouring house; neighboring house
- The fire spread and licked the neighboring house.
1. detached house; stand-alone house; single-family home
- たか 。
- The rate of increase in households is higher for apartment houses than for individual houses.
一戸建: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. apartment building; apartment block; apartment houseAbbreviation, See also アパートメントハウス
- く 。
- Six families live in this apartment house.
2. apartmentAbbreviation, See also アパートメント
- I want to rent an apartment with two rooms.
3. ApartmentAn apartment or flat is a self-contained housing unit (a ... Read more
1. hut; house
2. (in the ancient Chinese army) one day's march (approx. 12.2 km)Archaism
1. dilapidated house; deserted house
- かく 。
- He hid in an abandoned building.
1. Upper House; Senate; Lords
- The budget passed the Upper House.
2. Upper houseAn upper house, often called a senate, is one of two cham... Read more
1. lower house; lower (legislative) body
- わかれ 。
- The British Parliament is divided into the House of Commons and the House of Lords.
2. Lower houseA lower house is one of two chambers of a bicameral legis... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. condominium (often mid-rise or high-rise concrete); apartment building; apartment house; apartment; flatFrom English “mansion”
- す 。
- My uncle lives in an apartment.
2. CondominiumA condominium, or condo, is the form of housing tenure an... Read more
1. plan of a house; arrangement of rooms; list of rooms in an apartment, excluding bathroom and toilet, encoded as a string of digits and letters (e.g. "2DK" for a two-room apartment with a kitchen/dining area)
- へや 。
- It's a small noisy apartment, but it's where I live and I call it home.
2. House planA house plan is a set of construction or working drawings... Read more
1. prison; detention house; detention center; jail
- と 、
- い 。
- The rebel was ultimately captured and confined to jail.
1. inside the House (Diet)
2. inside the hospital
- ねえ 」「
- "Ah, y-yes ... Sorry, Coz." "Hey! You might be my relative but here I'm your senior and a doctor. Keep things straight while you're in the hospital!"
1. house where one was born
- This is the house in which he was born.
2. parents' house