Words — 705 found
1. Prime Minister; Chancellor (Germany, Austria, etc.); Premier
- つと 。
- The foreign minister will act for the Prime Minister in his absence.
2. Prime ministerA prime minister is the most senior minister of cabinet i... Read more
1. sign; signal
- Give us the sign to go soon.
2. Phase diagramA phase diagram in physical chemistry, engineering, miner... Read more
1. succession; inheritance
- John inherited a large fortune.
2. InheritanceInheritance is the practice of passing on property, title... Read more
1. companion; partner; company
- Who is your dance partner?
2. other party; addressee
- All those tricks he's got up his sleeve make him a formidable client.
3. opponent (sports, etc.)
- だい １
- い 。
- The boxer said he would knock down his opponent in the first round.
1. consultation; discussion
- I have something to ask of you.
1. befitting; becoming; worthy of; proportionate; in keeping with; suitable
- The professor who invented it has the right to reasonable remuneration from the university.
2. considerable; substantial
- Ten years is a long time.
3. to be worthy of; to be proportionate to
- A trip to America was equivalent to a two-year salary for her.
4. to correspond to (in meaning, function, etc.); to be equivalent
- Do you know the French equivalent of the word?
5. extremely; considerably
- たてこ 。
- The place is very much built up now.
1. poor; pitiable; pathetic; pitifulUsually written using kana alone
- み 。
- I saw some poor cats kicked out.
可哀相 【かわいそう】、可哀そう 【かわいそう】
可哀想: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 可哀相: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 可哀そう: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. mutual; reciprocal
- おも 。
- I think that is based on a lack of mutual understanding.
1. as ever; as usual; the same; still
- み 。
- You look as healthy as ever.
相変らず 【あいかわらず】、あい変らず 【あいかわらず】、あい変わらず 【あいかわらず】
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. difference; discrepancy; variation
- There is little, if any, difference between the two.
1. truth; real situation
- You may as well know the truth.
1. Foreign Minister
- い 。
- The Foreign Minister said that war was inevitable.
1. market price
2. speculation (e.g. on stocks)
3. reputation (according to conventional wisdom); estimation; esteem
- か 。
- Computers have changed the industrial picture considerably.
1. appropriate; adequate; suitable; fitting; worthyUsually written using kana alone
- He couldn't be good for you.
Common word Links
1. riding together
- People sharing a ride should refrain from conversation with other passengers.
2. CarpoolCarpooling (also known as car-sharing, ride-sharing, lift... Read more
1. aizuchi; back-channeling; interjections indicating that one is paying attention
2. two smiths hammering at an object in turnSee also 向こう鎚
3. AizuchiAizuchi is the Japanese term for frequent interjections d... Read more
相づち 【あいづち】、相鎚 【あいづち】、合槌 【あいづち】、合づち 【あいづち】、合鎚 【あいづち】、相槌 【あいずち】、相鎚 【あいずち】、合槌 【あいずち】、合鎚 【あいずち】
あいずち: Irregular kana usage. あいずち: Irregular kana usage. あいずち: Irregular kana usage. あいずち: Irregular kana usage.
1. palm reading
- み 。
- A fortune-teller read my hand.
2. PalmistryPalmistry or chiromancy (also spelled cheiromancy, Greek ... Read more