Words — 191 found
1. horizontal (as opposed to vertical); lying downSee also 横になる
- The mother laid her baby on the bed.
2. side-to-side (as opposed to front-to-back); width; breadthSee also 首を横に振る
- As the road was wet, the car must have slipped sideways.
3. side (of a box, etc.)
- おお 。
- The side of the house was covered with ivy.
4. beside; aside; next to
- That person has a mole at the side of his eye.
5. unconnectedSee also 横から口を挟む
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. crossing; traversing
- み 。
- I saw her crossing the street.
2. traversing horizontally; passing west to east (or east to west)
- I'll travel across Europe by bicycle this summer.
3. cutting horizontally
1. to cross (e.g. road); to traverse
1. pedestrian crossing
2. Pedestrian crossingA pedestrian crossing or crosswalk is a designated point ... Read more
1. toppling sideways; turning sideways; falling over sideways
2. barrel roll
1. length and width; length and breadth; lengthwise and crosswise; longitude and latitude; vertical and horizontal
2. four cardinal points; every directionOnly applies to じゅうおう
3. as one wishes; as one pleases; at willOnly applies to じゅうおう
4. warp and weft; warp and woofOnly applies to たてよこ, See also 経緯 たてよこ
1. walking sideways; staggering; striding
2. being rampant; being widespread; being prevalent
おうぎょう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. to lie down; to stretch out
2. to lie ahead (of danger, difficulty, etc.); to lie in wait
1. profile; face in profile; face seen from the side
2. (personal) profile; (biographical) sketch; outline (of someone's life)
1. sideslip; skid; sliding sideways
2. shifting to another post (at the same level); sideways move (at a company)
3. sliding sideways down a slope (skiing)
横すべり 【よこすべり】、横辷り 【よこすべり】