Words — 505 found
1. peace; harmony
2. PeacePeace is a state of harmony characterized by the lack of ... Read more
1. Japanese clothes
2. KimonoThe kimono is a Japanese traditional garment worn by men,... Read more
1. obedient; docile; quietUsually written using kana alone
温和しい: Irregular kanji usage.
1. relief; mitigation; alleviation; relaxation; softening
かんわ: ichi1, news1, nf02. 緩和: ichi1, news1, nf02.
1. neutralizing; neutralising; counteracting
2. neutral; unbiased
1. reconciliation; amicable settlement; accommodation; compromise; mediation; rapprochement
- お 。
- The struggle ended in a satisfactory settlement.
2. court-mediated settlementLaw, etc. term, Only applies to わかい
3. translation of a foreign language into JapaneseArchaism
4. ConciliationConciliation is an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) p... Read more
1. Showa era (1926.12.25-1989.1.7)
2. Shōwa periodThe Shōwa period (昭和時代, Shōwa jidai, literally "period of... Read more
1. Japanese-style room
2. Washitsu, meaning "Japanese-style room(s)", is a Japanese term us... Read more
1. Wagyu beef; Japanese beef
2. Wagyurefers to several breeds of cattle genetically predispose... Read more
1. wasabi (Wasabia japonica)Usually written using kana alone
2. Wasabi, is a member of the Brassicaceae family, which includes ... Read more
和佐比: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
- ひと 。
- The sum of all the angles in a triangle equals 180 degrees.
2. harmony; peace
- か 。
- In sport, team harmony is vital to success.
3. Japan; Japanese-style
4. Wa (Japan)Japanese Wa is the oldest recorded name of Japan. Chinese... Read more
1. preceptor or high priest (esp. in Zen or Pure Land Buddhism)Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Only applies to おしょう
- The dress does not make the fair.
2. preceptor or high priest (in Tendai or Kegon Buddhism)Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Only applies to かしょう
3. preceptor or high priest (in Shingon, Hosso, Ritsu or Shin Buddhism)Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Only applies to わじょう, usu. 和上
4. second highest priestly rank in BuddhismSee also 法眼
5. monk (esp. the head monk of a temple)Only applies to おしょう, Only applies to かしょう
6. master (of one's art, trade, etc.)
8. BhikkhuA Bhikkhu or Vhikṣu is an ordained male Buddhist monastic... Read more
和尚 【かしょう】、和尚 【わじょう】、和上 【かしょう】、和上 【わじょう】
1. uncomfortable feeling; feeling out of place; sense of discomfort
- Our company has never had that kind of system, and it's never made us feel uncomfortable.
2. malaise; physical unease