Words — 501 found
1. peace; harmony
- The dove is a symbol of peace.
2. PeacePeace is a state of harmony characterized by the lack of ... Read more
1. Japanese clothes
- み 。
- She certainly looks beautiful in a Japanese kimono.
2. KimonoThe kimono is a Japanese traditional garment worn by men,... Read more
1. obedient; docile; quietUsually written using kana alone
- おお 、
- み 。
- The cows looked big and docile.
温和しい: Irregular kanji usage.
1. harmony; accord; reconciliation; agreement
- ひろ 。
- A harmony prevailed among them.
1. relief; mitigation; alleviation; relaxation; softening
- The bank rate cut is expected to relieve the severe financial squeeze that has hit industry.
1. to soften; to moderate; to relieve
- やわ 。
- The medicine decreased his pain.
1. gentle; mild; moderate
- That country has a mild climate.
1. neutralizing; neutralising; counteracting
2. neutral; unbiased
1. mild; calm; gentle; quiet; harmonious
- There is a friendly atmosphere in the office.
1. reconciliation; amicable settlement; accommodation; compromise; mediation; rapprochement
- お 。
- The struggle ended in a satisfactory settlement.
2. court-mediated settlementLaw, etc. term, Only applies to わかい
3. translation of a foreign language into JapaneseArchaism
4. ConciliationConciliation is an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) p... Read more
1. Republican Party
- The president of the republic is chosen by the people.
2. Republican Party
1. Showa era (1926.12.25-1989.1.7)
- This is a direct broadcast from the Showa theater.
2. Shōwa periodThe Shōwa period (昭和時代, Shōwa jidai, literally "period of... Read more
1. Wagyu beef; Japanese beef
- Japanese beef was on sale yesterday.
2. Wagyurefers to several breeds of cattle genetically predispose... Read more
1. Japanese-style room
- とい 。
- It is said that some British people like a Japanese-style room.
2. Washitsu, meaning "Japanese-style room(s)", is a Japanese term us... Read more
- ひと 。
- The sum of all the angles in a triangle equals 180 degrees.
2. harmony; peace
- か 。
- In sport, team harmony is vital to success.
3. Japan; Japanese-style
4. Wa (Japan)Japanese Wa is the oldest recorded name of Japan. Chinese... Read more
1. wasabi (Wasabia japonica)Usually written using kana alone
- き 。
- This sushi is seasoned with plenty of horse-radish.
2. Wasabi, is a member of the Brassicaceae family, which includes ... Read more
和佐比: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. preceptor or high priest (esp. in Zen or Pure Land Buddhism)Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Only applies to おしょう
- The dress does not make the fair.
2. preceptor or high priest (in Tendai or Kegon Buddhism)Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Only applies to かしょう
3. preceptor or high priest (in Shingon, Hosso, Ritsu or Shin Buddhism)Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Only applies to わじょう, usu. 和上
4. second highest priestly rank in BuddhismSee also 法眼
5. monk (esp. the head monk of a temple)Only applies to おしょう, Only applies to かしょう
6. master (of one's art, trade, etc.)
8. BhikkhuA Bhikkhu or Vhikṣu is an ordained male Buddhist monastic... Read more
和尚 【かしょう】、和尚 【わじょう】、和上 【かしょう】、和上 【わじょう】
1. Japanese food; Japanese-style meal; Japanese cuisineSee also 洋食
- Have you ever eaten Japanese food?
1. uncomfortable feeling; feeling out of place; sense of discomfort
- Our company has never had that kind of system, and it's never made us feel uncomfortable.
2. malaise; physical unease
1. harmony; reconciliation
- こわ 。
- Quarrelling spoiled our unity.