Words — 2269 found
1. surname; family name
- How do you pronounce your last name?
2. hereditary title (used in ancient Japan to denote rank and political standing)Only applies to せい, See also 姓 かばね
3. Family nameA family name (in Western contexts often referred to as a... Read more
姓 【しょう】、姓 【そう】
しょう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. そう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. nature (of a person)
- Habit is second nature.
4. -ty; -ity; -ness; -cyindicating quality or condition
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. system; organization; organisation; imperial command; laws; regulation; control; government; suppression; restraint; holding back; establishment
1. consequence; outcome; result; blameUsually written using kana alone, often ...のせい
せえ: Irregular kana usage.
1. spirit; sprite; nymph
2. energy; vigor (vigour); strength
3. fine details
1. counter for generations
- George III has been unfairly maligned by historians.
2. epochGeology, etc. term
1. life; living
2. I; me; myselfMale term or language, Humble (kenjougo), Only applies to せい
1. Qi (kingdom in China during the Spring and Autumn Period and the Period of the Warring States); Ch'i
1. living; life (one's daily existence); livelihood
2. SeikatsuIn Japanese social science, seikatsu refers to a concept ... Read more
1. politics; government
2. PoliticsPolitics (from Greek politikos "of, for, or relating to c... Read more