Words — 186 found
1. or; otherwise
2. furthermore; also
3. perhaps; by some chance; possiblyArchaism
4. that being said; be that as it mayArchaism
5. however; butArchaism
6. not to mention; needless to sayArchaism
7. as expected; sure enoughArchaism
8. really; at allArchaism, used to express emphatic denial, suspicion, or emotion
1. to hit
- I narrowly escaped being hit by a car.
2. to expose
- Don't expose this chemical to direct sunlight.
3. to apply (e.g. patch); to put on; to put against; to hold on; to hold against
- あ 。
- The money was appropriated for building the gymnasium.
4. to allot; to call on someone (e.g. in class)
5. to guess (an answer)
- You've sure got the teacher's number.
6. to make a hit (e.g. in a lottery)
- He amassed a fortune in stock trading during the last boom.
1. to be hit; to strikeAntonym: 外す
- あ 。
- He fired but missed.
2. to touch; to be in contact; to be affixed
3. to be equivalent to; to be applicable; to apply to
- The cherry blossom is to Japan what the rose is to England.
4. to be right on the money (of a prediction, criticism, etc.)
- あ 。
- Strange to say, his prediction has come true.
5. to be selected (in a lottery, etc.); to win
- あ 。
- I got a camera in a lottery.
6. to be successful; to go well; to be a hit
7. to face; to confront
8. to lie (in the direction of)
9. to undertake; to be assigned
10. to be stricken (by food poisoning, heat, etc.); to be afflicted
- He was poisoned by the globefish he ate.
11. to be called upon (by the teacher)
12. to treat (esp. harshly); to lash out at
13. to be unnecessaryas 〜するには当たらない, etc.
14. to be hitting well; to be on a hitting streakBaseball term, usu. as 当たっている
15. (in fishing) to feel a bite
16. (of fruit, etc.) to be bruised; to spoil
17. to feel (something) out; to probe into; to check (i.e. by comparison)
18. to shave
19. to be a relative of a person; to stand in a relationshipas 〜の〜に当たる
当る 【あたる】、中る 【あたる】、中たる 【あたる】
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. exactly; surely; certainlyUsually written using kana alone, esp. 正に when in kanji
- つく 、
- Desktop publishing lets you produce books quickly and cheaply. It's like killing two birds with one stone.
2. right then; just then; at that momentUsually written using kana alone
- I was about to leave when you telephoned.
3. just (about to); on the verge (of doing or happening)Usually written using kana alone, esp. 将に when in kanji
4. duly; naturallyUsually written using kana alone, esp. 当に when in kanji
将に 【まさに】、当に 【まさに】
1. natural; reasonable; obvious
- おも 。
- We took his success for granted.
2. usual; common; ordinary; commonplace; the norm
- You cannot solve this problem in an ordinary way.
当り前 【あたりまえ】、あたり前 【あたりまえ】、当りまえ 【あたりまえ】
1. to apply (a rule); to be applicable; to come under (a category); to fulfill; to hold true
1. aim; object; purpose; end
2. expectations; prospects; hopes
3. something that can be relied upon
4. snack served with alcoholic drinkKansai dialect
5. pad; guard
6. blow; strike
7. addressed toOnly applies to 宛, Only applies to 宛て
8. perUsually written using kana alone, also written as 充て
宛 【あて】、宛て 【あて】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. being elected
- Now that Bush has been elected, it will be business as usual.
2. being selected (to win a prize, etc.)
3. winning (in a lottery, raffle, etc.)See also 当籤
3. guess; prediction
4. affability; friendliness
5. sensation; touch
6. bruise (on fruit)
7. situation in which a stone or chain of stones may be captured on the next move (in the game of go)
8. bite (of a fish on a hook); strikeSee also 魚信, also written as 魚信
9. per; each
当り 【あたり】、中り 【あたり】、中たり 【あたり】
1. natural; as a matter of course; justified; deserved; reasonable
1. authorities; relevant authorities; authorities concerned
- It is necessary to obtain the sanction of the authorities to enter this building.
2. this office