Words — 32 found
1. aim; object; purpose; end
2. expectations; prospects; hopes
3. something that can be relied upon
4. snack served with alcoholic drinkKansai dialect
5. pad; guard
6. blow; strike
7. addressed toOnly applies to 宛, Only applies to 宛て
8. perUsually written using kana alone, also written as 充て
宛 【あて】、宛て 【あて】
1. to hit
- I narrowly escaped being hit by a car.
2. to expose
- Don't expose this chemical to direct sunlight.
3. to apply (e.g. patch); to put on; to put against; to hold on; to hold against
- あ 。
- The money was appropriated for building the gymnasium.
4. to allot; to call on someone (e.g. in class)
5. to guess (an answer)
- You've sure got the teacher's number.
6. to make a hit (e.g. in a lottery)
- He amassed a fortune in stock trading during the last boom.
1. to apply (a rule); to be applicable; to come under (a category); to fulfill; to hold true
1. to insinuate; to satirize; to satirise; to take a dig at
1. kanji used as a phonetic symbol, instead of for the meaning; phonetic-equivalent character; substitute character
2. kanji used for their meaning, irrespective of reading
3. AtejiIn modern Japanese, ateji (当て字, 宛字 or あてじ, literally "ass... Read more
あて字 【あてじ】、宛字 【あてじ】、宛て字 【あてじ】、当字 【あてじ】
当字: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to count on; to expect someone to (provide help, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
1. not be relied upon; not to be counted onUsually written using kana alone
1. random; aimlessUsually written using kana alone, See also 当ても無く