Words — 330 found
1. pair; couple; set
2. antithesisSee also 対句
3. counter for items that come in pairs
- The king of this country isn't a person, but a divine beast with three pairs of wings said to be in far away in the sky.
4. counter for sets (of clothes, small furniture, utensils, etc.)
1. opposite; opposition
2. versus; vs.; v.
- きょう 早稲田
- たい 慶応
- There is going to be a game between Waseda and Keio today.
3. to (e.g. "winning a game five to three")
- たい １
- か 。
- We won the game by three goals to one.
4. equal footing; equal terms
5. against ...; anti-; toward ...; to ...
- たっ 。
- The company's exports to India amounted to $100 million last year.
1. target; object (of worship, study, etc.); subject (of taxation, etc.)
2. Object (philosophy)An object is a technical term in philosophy often used in... Read more
1. to face
- でんじは 。
- I sit in front of a computer screen all day, so I get pretty heavily bombarded by electro-magnetic waves.
2. to go towards; to head towards
- Where are you bound for?
向う 【むかう】、対う 【むかう】
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. facing; opposite; across the street; other side
向かい 【むかい】、対い 【むかい】
1. measure; provision; step; countermeasure; counterplan; countermove
1. confrontation; opposition; antagonism
1. interaction; correspondence; coping with; dealing with; support; response; reception
- う 。
- I met with a cool, not to say hostile, reception.
2. software support; ability of a computer system to run specific software; compatibilityComputer terminology
- I want to run a Windows 95 game.
1. equality (esp. of status, on equal terms); equivalence
2. equivalent; equal
1. extermination (e.g. of pests, demons, bandits); elimination; eradication; suppression
2. making someone renounce worldly desires in order to concentrate on Buddha's teachingsBuddhist term
3. curing illness
1. talk; dialogue; conversation