Words — 284 found
1. house; residence; dwelling
- み 。
- I see a house among the trees.
2. family; household
- The prosperity of the family dates from the Great War.
3. lineage; family name
1. house; home (one's own)Usually written using kana alone
- な 。
- The telephone was ringing when I got home.
2. (one's) family; (one's) householdUsually written using kana alone, See also 内 うち
- We have ten cattle.
1. house (e.g. of Tokugawa); family
- もと 。
- The social worker was asked to follow up the information about the Stevenson family.
1. (something) shopSee also パン屋, usu. 屋
- Let's all go to an all-you-can-eat Yakiniku restaurant.
2. somebody who sells (something) or works as (something)See also 殺し屋, usu. 屋, can be derog.
- ぶんし 」
- V C
- I'd like to ask a grammarian, isn't it possible to think of 'be + participle' like you do V C and such?
3. somebody with a (certain) personality traitSee also 照れ屋, usu. 屋
4. houseusu. 家
1. -ist (used after a noun indicating someone's occupation, pursuits, disposition, etc.); -erSee also 政治家
- As a matter of fact, all great discoverers have been regarded as dreamers.
1. family; members of a family
- Your family must be very nice.
2. FamilyIn human context, a family is a group of people affiliate... Read more
1. home; family; household
- Do you eat at home or eat out?
2. HomeA home is a place of residence or refuge. When it refers ... Read more
- とりのぞ 。
- He cleared the roof of snow.
2. RoofA roof is the covering on the uppermost part of a buildin... Read more
- The room was bare of furniture.
2. FurnitureFurniture is the mass noun for the movable objects intend... Read more
1. housework; domestic chores
- We agreed to share the housework.
2. family affairs; household matters
3. HousekeepingHousekeeping is the act of cleaning the rooms and furnish... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. house; building
- ひがいをう 。
- Several houses were damaged in the last storm.
2. HouseA house is a building or structure that has the ability t... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. running away from home; leaving home
- That was probably just before Mai took the drastic step of leaving home.
2. Runaway (dependent)A runaway is a minor or a person under an arbitrary age, ... Read more
1. domestic animals; livestock; cattle
- Because of the famine, the cattle starved to death.
2. LivestockLivestock refers to one or more domesticated animals rais... Read more
- How much is the rent per month?
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. landlord; landladyOnly applies to やぬし, Only applies to いえぬし
2. house owner; home owner; head of the household
家主 【いえぬし】、家主 【いえあるじ】
いえあるじ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. household economy; family finances
- Our family budget is in the red.
JLPT N1 Links
1. retainer; retinue; servant
- すわ 、ハンプティダンプティ、
- お 。
- もとにもど 。
- Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.
家礼 【けらい】、家頼 【けらい】
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. (my) wifeHumble (kenjougo), Only applies to かない
- My wife often rings me up, while she travels abroad.
2. inside the home; one's family
やうち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. housekeeper; maid
- He had the maid sweep his room.
2. Housekeeper (servant)A housekeeper is an individual responsible for the cleani... Read more